King's Ransom/Quick guide
|King's Ransom (#127)|
|Release date||24 July 2007 (Update)|
|Quest series||Camelot (#3)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to the Gossip, outside Sinclair Mansion.|
|Description||Life has been quiet at the Sinclair Mansion since you discovered the murderer... too quiet. So quiet, in fact, that the family has gone!|
|Official length||Medium (20-30 mins)|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Sinclair's Mansion[edit | edit source]
Grab all the required items at the start. You do not have to make bank trips during this quest.
- Speak with Gossip outside of Sinclair Mansion.
- Speak with the guard in the courtyard to the North.
- Break into the Smashed Window on the East side of the mansion.
- Grab the Scrap paper in the dining room next to the fire place (Ground Floor).
- Go up the stairs to the first floor and then to the library in the center.
- Grab the Address Form off the table.
- Search the bookcase on the Western wall for a Black knight helm.
- Return to the guard via the smashed window.
- Speak to him using all three options so that he takes each item you picked up previously
- Speak with Gossip using all three options.
Anna's Trial[edit | edit source]
- Travel South to the Seer's Village courthouse. (South-East of the bank).
- Speak to Anna.
- Walk down the stairs to begin the trial
For this part you need to speak to the Judge in order to call next witness and then speak to the witnesses to ask them questions.
- Call the Dog Handler as witness (Ask him about the poison)
- Call the Butler to witness (Ask him about the dagger)
- Call the maid (Ask her about the night of the murder)
- Call anyone on the list (Ask them about the thread)
If done correctly Anna should be pronounced not guilty and balloons will fall.
- Exit the courtroom by clicking on the gate.
- Speak again with Anna in her cell.
Camelot Castle's Prison[edit | edit source]
- Head to the East side of Camelot Castle (outside of the gate) and search the statue to start a cutscene.
- Clicking anywhere will end the cutscene and you will need to go through it again.
- Speak with Merlin inside the cell.
- Reach for the vent at the North of the cell.
- Speak to all the knights in the cell.
- If you receive a lock-pick, use that on the cell door
- Otherwise, use Telekinetic Grab on the guard fixing his hair
- Use the Hair clip on the door to start a puzzle.
- To complete this puzzle, you must set each of four tumblers to the correct height. The most foolproof way to do this (not necessarily the quickest) is to set all tumblers to the lowest height, and try the lock. If a tumbler shows a green circle, do not change that tumbler anymore. Ignore blue and red circles. For all the other tumblers, increase the height by one and try again. Continue until the lock unlocks. This method will take at most six attempts.
- Climb up the stair cases until you reach the top floor.
- Search the table.
- Choose the round purple box on the right. (Second to last)
Black Knight's Fortress[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Wizard Cromperty in Ardougne to receive an Animate rock scroll.
- You might already have the item in your bank from the quest One Small Favour. However, you must still talk to Cromperty.
- Travel to the Black Knight's Fortress west of Edgeville/north of Ice Mountain. (Amulet of glory or combat bracelet provide convenient teleports)
- Equip the bronze med helm and iron chainbody, and enter the Black Knights' Fortress through the guards' door.
- Equip full black armour and push the wall in front of the entrance.
- Climb down the ladder.
- Use the free option on King Arthur's statue.
- Talk to King Arthur and give him the bronze med helm and iron chainbody.
- Return to Camelot and speak to King Arthur in the castle by the round table.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Quest point
- 33,000 Defence experience
- 5,000 Magic experience
- Antique lamp granting 5,000 experience to any skill level 50 or above
- Access to the Knight Waves Training Grounds
- The ability to use the Chivalry and Piety prayers, with level 60 and 70 Prayer, respectively, after completion of Knight Waves Training Grounds