|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||A dangerous looking knife.|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Exchange||39 coins (info)|
A knife is a tool used for a large variety of tasks, mostly for fletching logs in the Fletching skill. This is also an excellent tool for cutting through webs, especially to the Mage Arena in the deep Wilderness. Check out the spawns section for to find out where knives spawn in the game. They are also sold in general stores in the Shantay Pass and Catherby, in the Trader Stan's Trading Post on Karamja, or the Ardougne Spice Stall.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Uses for knives are as follows:
- Shaping logs in the Fletching skill.
- Slashing webs.
- Slicing and dicing oranges, limes, bananas, lemons, and pineapples in the Cooking skill.
- Cutting cacti in the Kharidian Desert to fill waterskins.
- Chopping up such things as tuna, sweetcorn, and tomatoes into bowls.
- Hollowing calquats to form calquat kegs.
- Scraping off sap from some types of trees while having a bucket in the inventory to make a bucket of sap.
- Making chocolate dust by using it on a chocolate bar.
- Cutting a fish using Barbarian Training in Baxtorian Falls to obtain various parts of the fish with multiple uses.
- Setting up deadfall traps in the Hunter skill.
- Dissecting sacred eels to extract zulrah's scales.
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
- In the basement of the Temple of Ikov dungeon past a spider web and next to the boots of lightness.*
*These spawn points are inconvenient to reach but exist in case a player with no slash weapon runs through the web after it was slashed by another player and the web closes, as this would otherwise leave the player trapped.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Baby impling jar||N/A||1||Common|
|Giant skeleton (Tarn's Lair)||100||1||3/128|
|H.A.M. Guard||12; 18; 22||1||2/110|
|H.A.M. Member||15; 20||1||Common|
|Skeleton (Tarn's Lair) Level 81||81||1||3/128|
|Zombie (Tarn's Lair) Level 61||61||1||10/128|
Store locations[edit | edit source]