Camelot training room
The Camelot training room, also known as the "Knight Waves Training Grounds", is an activity located on the top floor of Camelot Castle (climb up on the western tower ladder). Players must have completed the King's Ransom quest to enter. A squire standing outside the door of the training room will explain how the Training Grounds work.
One easy method of completing this minigame is to bring a poisoned dragon dagger (preferably p++), and just poison each knight and hide behind the dummies until the knights are weakened or killed by the poison. High level players with 100+ combat can easily complete this minigame with full Guthan's set and restore potions, even with no food.
Stat restore potions are vital, especially to restore your Defence as some knights can lower your Defence extremely fast. Also note that as your Defence is lowered, knights will have an even higher chance of lowering your stats.
Note: If you feel like you cannot win, it's better to let yourself die within the training ground because all stats and run energy are restored upon death, and because that way you don't have to start over at the first knight. (The squire says you must restart from the beginning if you fail, but he is incorrect.)
The Camelot training room/Knight Waves Training Ground is a safe death for Hardcore Ironmen1.
Important: Do not leave the training room via door. It will reset your wave back to the first one. If you die, you go back to the knight you left off on.
The Knight Waves[edit | edit source]
|Wave||Knight||Level||Hitpoints||Weak against||Stat(s) lowered|
|1||Sir Bedivere||110||90||Slash, Stab attacks||Strength|
|2||Sir Pelleas||112||99||Slash, Crush attacks||Defence|
|3||Sir Tristram||115||105||Stab, Slash attacks||Strength|
|4||Sir Palomedes||118||100||Crush attacks||Attack|
|5||Sir Lucan||120||105||Crush, Slash attacks||Defence, Attack|
|6||Sir Gawain||122||110||Stab, Slash attacks||Attack|
|7||Sir Kay||124||110||Stab, Crush attacks||Defence|
|8||Sir Lancelot||127||115||Slash attacks||Defence, Strength|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A safe method to kill the knights is to hide behind the dummy while positioning the knight to be diagonally across from you and behind the dummy. This way, you can run up to the knight and hit him without fear of retaliation as long as you run back behind the dummy (i.e. flinching). A general rule of thumb on when it's safe to hit the knight is when the knight's health bar disappears. Using the Dragon dagger (p++) special with this method is a good way to take down the knight's health. Do keep in mind that the knights may despawn if the fight takes too long, however.
If you are going to fight the knights head on, you would need monkfish, sharks or better. The knights can hit very high, up to 29 for the final knight. Keep in mind that there are 4 Defence-lowering knights, 3 Strength-lowering knights, and 3 Attack-lowering knights. With 70 Attack, 65 Strength and 65 Defence, a good strategy would be to bring a whip and fill your inventory with 2 Combat potions, 4 Saradomin brews, 4 Restore potions, a Dragon dagger and the rest with monkfish or shark.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Restore potions are recommended over Super restore potions because you can't use prayer.
- Take multiple Restores, Saradomin brews, and Combat potions if you plan on fighting the knights head on; however, this is not needed if you plan to use the aforementioned method involving the dummies.
- Lobsters or swordfish are good enough for the minigame if you plan on using the dummy method (assuming around at least 65+ Combat stats). If you are not confident in your combat stats or plan on fighting them head on, use sharks or summer pies.
- Dharok's set works very well in this minigame if you hit-and-run behind the dummies, although risky if you have bad timing or lag.
- A poisoned dragon dagger works especially well due to the damage the special attack can provide and the poison's ability to whittle down the knights.
- Exploiting each knight's weakness is very effective. Taking a weapon (or multiple) capable of performing each attack style and switching to match your current opponent's weakness will show a noticeable improvement over simply using one attack style.
- Guthan's is highly recommended. Guthan's spear has every combat style that the knights are weak to. With 70+ Melee stats, the fight is a breeze. Be prepared to eat food if your HP drops below 30. A recommended inventory would be four Restore potions, two Super combat potion(4)s, and the rest of your inventory with food, Monkfish or better.
- If you die to a knight, you can go to your bank and restock on supplies and return to the training room. When you re-enter the room, you will be fighting the last knight that killed you instead of starting over.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 20,000 Attack experience
- 20,000 Strength experience
- 20,000 Defence experience
- 20,000 Hitpoints experience
- Access to two new prayers:
- Ability to change one's spawn point to Camelot