Although other Slayer master tasks may be completed in both Wilderness and mainland locations, all of Krystilia's tasks must be done in the Wilderness. That means players should only take gear they are willing to lose.
Warning: Assess and mitigate risks, and do not ever take any items you cannot afford to lose!
Map of the Wilderness[edit | edit source]
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Krystilia has no requirements, but players should be sufficient enough to survive in the Wilderness. They should also possess decent stats since she can assign monsters ranging from Combat level 8 to 470, especially in terms of Wilderness bosses.
Suggested skills[edit | edit source]
- 43+ (Protect from Melee and all protection prayers)
- 35+ (Fire Bolt or a better spell recommended if using)
Agility[edit | edit source]
High Agility is an advantage in the Wilderness. The energy restoration rate is useful, since you often need to travel longer distances on foot in the Wilderness. Furthermore, run energy may be important when fleeing player killers. Additionally, access to the following shortcuts may make both travel and fleeing easier:
- 46 (crevice in Deep Wilderness Dungeon, requires completion of Medium Wilderness Diary)
- 60 (no-exit climb close to the God Wars Dungeon entrance)
- 64 (no-exit climb from Trollheim)
- 65 (easy Revenant Caves jump)
- 74 (Lava Dragon Isle jump, requires completion of Hard Wilderness Diary)
- 75 (medium Revenant Caves jump)
- 82 (Lava Maze jump, requires completion of Hard Wilderness Diary)
- 89 (hard Revenant Caves jump)
Equipment[edit | edit source]
As you are in the Wilderness, the last thing you want to do is skull, so set player options to hidden. Skulling in the Wilderness means you are limited to keeping only one item in Items Kept on Death only if Protect Item is activated and not deactivated by Smite. If you die while skulled while Protect Item was deactivated or smited, you will lose all items.
Note: Also, Accept Aid should be set to off. There is no reason to have it on otherwise.
This setup is aimed for players who wish to boost Slayer points through Wilderness Slayer. Craw's bow is the best weapon to use for most tasks, but for some tasks toxic blowpipe is better due to its higher attack speed. Players should bring 4 expensive items and the rest of the equipment should be cheap that the player will not mind losing.
|Slot||Item (most effective → least effective)|
|Slayer helmet (i)||Black mask (i)||N/A|
|Necklace of anguish||Amulet of glory||Burning amulet / Games necklace |
|Ava's assembler||Ava's accumulator||Ranging cape|
|Black d'hide body||N/A||N/A|
|Black d'hide chaps||N/A||N/A|
|Craw's bow||Toxic blowpipe||N/A|
|Rada's blessing 4||God blessing / Rada's blessing 3/2||N/A|
|Ring of wealth (i) / Ring of wealth||Explorer's ring||Ring of dueling|
|Slot||Item (most effective → least effective)|
|Slayer helmet (i)||Black mask (i)||Farseer helm||Mystic hat||Xerician hat|
|Occult necklace||Amulet of glory||Burning amulet / Games necklace||N/A||N/A|
|God cape||Cape of Accomplishment||Mythical cape||Cape of legends||N/A|
|Mystic robe top||Xerician top||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Mystic robe bottom||Xerician robe||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Trident of the swamp / Trident of the seas||Staff of the dead||Smoke battlestaff||Slayer's staff||N/A|
|Book of darkness||Unholy book||Book of balance||N/A||N/A|
|Rune gloves||Adamant gloves||Combat bracelet||Mithril gloves||Mystic gloves|
|Mystic boots||Ghostly boots||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Ring of wealth (i)||Slayer ring||Explorer's ring||Beacon ring||N/A|
Inventory[edit | edit source]
For the inventory, you want to bring food, a looting bag, and some runes for spell-casting and/or teleporting if using. Also, a one-click teleport is recommended especially if in sub-level 29 Wilderness.
If in Deep Wilderness, you will have to either run down to lower-level Wilderness or to a teleport point, such as an obelisk or the Wilderness lever. Dragonstone teleportation jewellery (namely Amulet of glory, Combat bracelet, Ring of wealth or Skills necklace) or the royal seed pod can teleport you out, up to level 30 Wilderness.
A Dinh's bulwark provides huge defensive bonuses and can be used to escape player killers if you can afford one. Also, although optional, bringing and switching to a fun weapon for attacking any monster in single-way combat to try escaping via the X-logging method can increase chances of survival, especially in deeper Wilderness levels.
Potions are completely optional, but if using Prayer, then several prayer potions are mandatory. If taking potions, it is recommended to take a (Super) combat potion (or Ranging potion if using Ranged) to spare inventory space.
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- Using the Arceuus spellbook with spare runes to cast the respective reanimation spell of the Slayer monster you are assigned to, provided it drops an ensouled head, can earn you some Prayer experience. This works only if you just recently received the drop, however.
- Along with anglerfish, bringing a couple of Saradomin brews, a Super restore and Anti-venom can lengthen your chance at survival during player-killer encounters. Also, you might want to consider prayer-switching and bringing Dinh's bulwark and switch gear (e.g. Melee armour to Black d'hide body and chaps, or Ranged armour to Rune platebody and legs/skirt). Have a protection prayer (perferrably Protect from Magic since PK'ers usually start off using Magic) and Protect Item set as quick prayers. Also, Augury or Mystic Might could help boost up defences further. Switch overheads based on their attacks.
- Because you will be slaying monsters instead of players, it's advised that you go to Options -> Controls and set the player attack options to right-click (longtap on mobile). Doing so lowers the chances of being skull-tricked by PKers, as it reduces the chance of accidentally attacking players.
- If praying, it is not advised to use fast-draining prayers, such as Piety, because food is crucial to have out in the Wilderness. Also, you want to save prayer points for protection prayers.
- Bank your Larran's keys as soon as possible if you have multiple since they are always risked.
- At 84 Thieving, you can steal from the Chest (Rogues' Castle) to make the rogues aggressive towards you while also making some extra money.
- Aggro is good to have out in the Wilderness especially if you are being flanked by a PKer as it could buy you some time to escape. Also, you could try X-logging in single combat, which is clicking the red X on your screen or game client to close it, before killing a monster or while battling it, depending on how difficult the monster is to take down. Switching to a fun weapon (if brought), auto-attacking and then X-logging is a better tactic of escape when doing this. (Warning: X-logging does not work in a multi-combat area.)
- A clue box can be used to protect your clue scroll within the Wilderness.
- You can also use an imp-in-a-box or two to bank your emblems or other high-risk items, but 71 Hunter is required to catch imps, and it will not work if past level 30 Wilderness or if tele-blocked.
- Use an expeditious bracelet if you want to finish your task faster.
- Use a bracelet of slaughter if you want to extend your task as much as possible, useful if you are hunting for Larran's keys and get an easy task (Spiders, Skeletons, Scorpions for example).
- For tanking, the dragonfire shield would be a lot more beneficial to use over a dragon defender, but all risks should be assessed and taken into account.