|Released||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||Large, heavy, with sharp things attached to its head.|
|Weakness||(Stab), Leaf-bladed weapons, |
Broad-tipped ammunition, Magic Dart
|Attack style||Melee (Crush)|
Kurask are slayer monsters that require a Slayer level of 70 to damage, as well as a leaf-bladed spear, leaf-bladed sword, leaf-bladed battleaxe, broad arrows, broad bolts or Magic Dart. Kurask are immune to poison and venom, even though they could otherwise only be poisoned via the serpentine helm and toxic staff of the dead. Kurask are also immune to damage from a dwarf multicannon.
Their attacks are relatively inaccurate due to their low attack level, but can hit somewhat high if they do.
Although Kurask are invulnerable to any damage from the Saradomin godsword and toxic blowpipe special attacks, they will still heal the player as if it would have dealt damage, making them useful as special attack weapons during extended trips.
These monsters, along with Turoths, drop the leaf-bladed sword. They are also known for their light mystic robe top and kurask head drops, as well as being the only monster to drop the exclusive leaf-bladed battleaxe.
Location[edit | edit source]
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon: Slayer rings offer immediate access to this dungeon. For those players without access to slayer rings, a fairy ring (code: AJR) is conveniently located outside the dungeon. Other alternatives include the lyre and Teleport to House if the player's house is located in Rellekka.
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (upper level, Slayer assignment only)
- Iorwerth Dungeon in Prifddinas after completing Song of the Elves
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 480,493 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
The average kurask kill, including its unique drops, is worth 4,260
100%[edit | edit source]
Unique[edit | edit source]
|Mystic robe top (light)||1||1/512||71,638||72,000|
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
Runes[edit | edit source]
Herbs[edit | edit source]
There is a 18/124 chance of rolling the herb drop table. Kurasks will always drop three herbs at a time.
|Grimy guam leaf||1–3||1/27.6||14-42||7-21|
|Grimy ranarr weed||1–3||1/80.2||8,088-24,264||18-54|
|Grimy irit leaf||1–3||1/110.2||866-2,598||10-30|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1–3||1/293.9||576-1,728||14-42|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
There is a 15/124 chance of rolling the rare seed drop table, with the exception of limpwurt seeds.
|Poison ivy seed||1||1/89.4||23||99|
|Potato cactus seed||1||1/131.2||35||84|
|Snape grass seed||3||1/491.9||8,067||168|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||1/655.8||744||3|
Other[edit | edit source]
|White berries||12 (noted)||6/124||3,660||72|
|Big bones||20 (noted)||5/124||3,880||0|
|Papaya fruit||10 (noted)||4/124||4,560||380|
Gem drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 6/124 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/82.67; 1/41.98[d 1]||508||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/165.33; 1/83.96[d 1]||684||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/330.67; 1/167.92[d 1]||1,349||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||1/881.78; 1/447.78[d 1]||614||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/1,322.67; 1/671.67[d 1]||2,793||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/2,645.33; 1/1,343.33[d 1]||10,726||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/2,645.33; 1/1,343.33[d 1]||9,021||60|
|Rune javelin||5||1/2,645.33; 1/1,343.33[d 1]||885||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||1/42,325.33; 1/2,518.75[d 1][d 2]||11,887||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/84,650.67; 1/5,037.5[d 1][d 2]||65,404||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/112,867.56; 1/6,716.67[d 1][d 2]||37,464||37,440|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Crystal shard||1||Common[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Brimstone key||1||1/98.8[d 2]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/128||Not sold||12|
|Kurask head||1||1/3,000||Not sold||3,600|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|23 August 2018
|The drop of 10–20 limpwurt roots (added in the previous drop table rebalance) was changed to a single limpwurt seed to balance the influx of limpwurt roots coming into the game.|
|15 September 2016
(update | poll)
|The drop table was improved to include more valuable drops and increase quantity of existing drops as well as drop some as banknotes.|
|23 January 2014
(update | poll)
|The leaf-bladed sword is now dropped by Kurask and Turoth.|
References[edit | edit source]
- Envision. "Drop Rates V2." RuneScape Forums.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. (Archived from the original on May 15 2019.) Mod Ash: "1/1026."
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. Mod Kieren: "It follows a curve up until level 100 then scales linearly between those 2 values upto level 350 combat. Creatures over thsi[sic] will cap at 1/50. "
- Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.) Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."