|Released||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||Large, heavy, with sharp things attached to its head.|
Larger, heavier, with sharper things attached to its head.
|Slayer XP||97 xp|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
Kurask are slayer monsters that require a Slayer level of 70 to damage, as well as usage of leaf-bladed weapons, broad bolts, broad arrows, amethyst broad bolts, amethyst javelins or Magic Dart. Kurask are immune to poison and venom. Kurask are also immune to damage from a dwarf multicannon.
Their attacks are relatively inaccurate due to their low attack level, but can hit somewhat high if they do.
Although kurask are invulnerable to any damage from the eldritch nightmare staff, Saradomin godsword and toxic blowpipe special attacks, they will still heal the player as if it would have dealt damage, making them useful as special attack weapons during extended trips. Guthan's does not work.
These monsters, along with turoths, drop the leaf-bladed sword. They are also known for their light mystic robe top and kurask head drops, as well as being the only monster to drop the exclusive leaf-bladed battleaxe.
Location[edit | edit source]
|Fremennik Slayer Cave||106||14||Maplink|
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon: Slayer rings offer immediate access to this dungeon. For those players without access to slayer rings, a fairy ring (code: AJR) is conveniently located outside the dungeon. Other alternatives include the lyre and Teleport to House if the player's house is located in Rellekka.
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon (upper level, Slayer task only)
- Iorwerth Dungeon in Prifddinas after completing Song of the Elves
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 480,493 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Kurask kill, including its unique drops, is worth 4,033.
The average Kurask kill while on a Konar task is worth 5,370.93.
For Kurask in the Prifddinas Slayer Dungeon, the average kill is worth 4,691 due to the additional chance of receiving a crystal shard as a tertiary drop. This value for crystal shards assumes that they are made into divine super combat potions.
100%[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Mystic robe top (light)||1||1/512||71,394||72,000|
Runes[edit | edit source]
Herbs[edit | edit source]
There is a 18/124 chance of rolling the herb drop table. Kurasks will always drop three herbs at a time.
|Grimy guam leaf||1–3||1/27.6||19–57||7–21|
|Grimy ranarr weed||1–3||1/80.2||7,020–21,060||18–54|
|Grimy irit leaf||1–3||1/110.2||674–2,022||10–30|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1–3||1/293.9||456–1,368||14–42|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
There is a 15/124 chance of rolling the rare seed drop table, with the exception of limpwurt seeds.
|Poison ivy seed||1||1/88.7||20||99|
|Potato cactus seed||1||1/130.1||20||84|
|Snape grass seed||3||1/487.7||11,256||168|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||1/650.3||151||3|
Other[edit | edit source]
|White berries||12 (noted)||6/124||3,156||72|
|Papaya fruit||10 (noted)||4/124||5,730||380|
|Big bones||20 (noted)||5/124||3,480||0|
Gem drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 6/124 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/41.41; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/82.67; 1/41.98[d 2]||393||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/165.33; 1/83.96[d 2]||606||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/330.67; 1/167.92[d 2]||1,225||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||1/881.78; 1/447.78[d 2][d 3]||577||2|
|Nature talisman||1||1/881.78; 1/447.78[d 2][d 3]||976||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/1,322.67; 1/671.67[d 2]||2,868||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/2,645.33; 1/1,343.33[d 2]||10,523||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/2,645.33; 1/1,343.33[d 2]||10,262||60|
|Rune javelin||5||1/2,645.33; 1/1,343.33[d 2]||815||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||1/42,325.33; 1/2,518.75[d 2][d 4]||11,883||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/84,650.67; 1/5,037.5[d 2][d 4]||65,501||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/112,867.56; 1/6,716.67[d 2][d 4]||37,597||37,440|
- The "nothing" drop is removed while wearing a ring of wealth.
- The drop rate is increased while wearing a ring of wealth due to the "nothing" drop being removed.
- The talisman dropped depends on where the monster is located: monsters above ground level drop the nature talisman, and monsters below ground level drop the chaos talisman.
- Only dropped if Legends' Quest has been finished; if not, a talisman is dropped instead.
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Crystal shard||1||1/24[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Brimstone key||1||1/78[d 2]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/128||Not sold||12|
|Kurask head||1||1/3,000||Not sold||3,600|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|23 August 2018
|15 September 2016
(update | poll)
The drop table was improved to include more valuable drops and increase quantity of existing drops as well as drop some as banknotes.
|23 January 2014
(update | poll)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a single Kurask in the room that requires no slayer task in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon that has a slightly larger appearance, which only differs in its apparent size and its examine. The examine text reflects its larger size, changing each of the adjectives describing it in the superlative form.
References[edit | edit source]
- Alternate examine for a single, slightly larger, specimen in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon.
- Envision. "Drop Rates V2." Old School RuneScape Forums.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. (Archived from the original on 15 May 2019.) Mod Ash: "1/1026."
- Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.) Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."