|Released||8 May 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||For picking tough locks.|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|Respawn time||100 ticks (60 seconds)|
|Exchange||192 coins (info)|
A lockpick is an item used in the Thieving skill to open locked doors. Some locked doors or chests do not require a lockpick to open them but lockpicks make opening them easier. Players must have level 50 Thieving and Agility, or level 99 Thieving, to buy lockpicks from Martin Thwait. Lockpicks can break.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Chests[edit | edit source]
- The steel arrowtips chest requires a lockpick to open.
- Opening chests in Dorgesh-Kaan.
- A chest during Desert Treasure.
- Ogre coffins
- Chest in the Isle of Souls Dungeon (not required to open, but helps with success rate).
- Coffins in the Hallowed Sepulchre
- Stone chest in the Lizardman Temple (not required to open, but helps with success rate).
Doors[edit | edit source]
- Pirates' Hideout in Deep Wilderness.
- Magic axe hut in level 56 Wilderness (north of the Resource Area).
- A door to Yanille Agility Dungeon.
- A door during Legends' Quest.
- Doors in Pyramid Plunder (not required to open, but helps with success rate).
Other[edit | edit source]
- Breaking and entering houses in Port Piscarilius (with 75% favour).
- Thieving Puzzle Room in the Chambers of Xeric
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
|Master||Clap||Outside the magic axe hut in level 55 Wilderness
(The lockpick can't be stored but is required)
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Bandit (Bandit Camp)||53||1||1/7|
|Scavenger beast||1||3 × 2/18|
|Young impling jar||N/A||1||1/10|
|Young impling||22; 32||1||1/10|
Spawns[edit | edit source]
|Yanille Agility Dungeon - In the area before Salarin the twisted, near the pile of rubble.||1||Maplink|
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Martin Thwait's Lost and Found.||Rogues' Den||25||1m||20||12|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|30 January 2006
The item's examine was changed from undefined ("It's a Lockpick.") to "For picking tough locks."