Lord Iorwerth is the leader of the 'dark' Iorwerth Clan of elves currently attempting to summon the Dark Lord. He is located inside the Iorwerth Camp in the elven land of Tirannwn. He is involved throughout the entirety of the elf series of quests. Players may also need to see him as part of a Treasure Trail.
He is considered one of the evil elves, with the Iorwerth family having taken over Prifddinas years ago.
It is believed that Lord Iorwerth broke one of the nine seals of the Grand Library, made by the elven goddess Seren. The nine seals were used to protect the vast knowledge kept there from reaching the hands of humans. The library is located underneath the elven city of Prifddinas, which is inaccessible until completion of the Song of the Elves quest. However, the reason for his actions is unknown.
It is revealed during the Regicide quest that Lord Iorwerth is in league with King Lathas. Lord Iorwerth tricks King Lathas by convincing him that the elven clan will help the king conquer Camelot. Lord Iorwerth gives a Crystal pendant to the player during Regicide so that they can prove their allegiance to him.
Lord Iorwerth's clan has has established itself as a sworn enemy of King Tyras. Lord Iorwerth is an influential person with great power, as demonstrated by his control of Tirannwn with the help of the Ardougne military.
- Lord Iorwerth is the solution to the hard cryptic clue: There is no 'worthier' lord. Players will need to solve a puzzle box.
Lord Iorwerth is also involved in the Civil War of Tirannwn. During the Fourth Age, the elves expanded their kingdom far to the East, over the mountains of Arandar. After many years of establishment they suddenly stopped receiving any news from Prifddinas. Worried about the problem, the current leaders of the Cadarn family decided to send six scouts to check what was going on in Tirannwn. After many months of being out, only one of the six returned and brought terrible news; the Iorwerth Clan had taken over the city of Prifddinas, chasing away all of the other clans. A civil war started in Tirannwn which divided the population into two factions, the Iorwerth Clan and the Rebel Elves.
- If you speak to Lord Iorwerth wearing full mourner gear, he will say, "What are you doing here? You will ruin everything...Get back to Ardougne now."
- "Iorwerth" is an anagram for "worthier"; he is referenced in a Treasure Trail riddle that states "There is no 'worthier' lord".
- His name is likely derived from Iorwerth, a once rather common Welsh name.
- Lord Iorwerth received his first and only graphical update since 2004 on 25 June 2019 with the Song of the Elves release.