Lord Sinclair was a wealthy noble of Kandarin. He was a good friend of King Ulthas and did many good works for the people of the kingdom. Lord Sinclair and his children lived in a large castle to the east of Seers' Village. His children were spoiled by his wealth and considered themselves even more important than the king.
In the year 132 of the Fifth Age, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table came to Gielinor from another world. Once there, they realised they were in need of a castle. King Ulthas, the king of Kandarin at the time, met with Lord Sinclair and discussed King Arthur's plight. Sinclair decided that he would give his castle to King Arthur, and King Ulthas built the Sinclairs a large mansion in the north, near the southern border of the Fremennik Province, where they could relocate. King Arthur, meanwhile, renamed the castle to Camelot.
Lord Sinclair's children were unhappy with the turn of events, however, and believed that they deserved Camelot more than King Arthur. From that day forward, they held a strong grudge against their father. Many years later, Lord Sinclair was found stabbed to death in the mansion. His daughter Anna was convicted and imprisoned in the courthouse in Seers' Village, but declared not guilty. It was later revealed, however, that Lord Sinclair's murder was part of a longer chain of events devised by Anna and David in order to reclaim Camelot from King Arthur.
References[edit | edit source]
- Gossip, "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "Old Lord Sinclair was a well respected man this side of White Wolf. He was great friends with King Ulthas and did many good works for the kingdom."
- Gossip, "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "His children on the other hand were spoiled and horrid. They cared for no one but themselves and gave themselves such aires. [...] His children were furious with him for doing it. They felt themselves far better than the knights and felt insulted at having to live in a stuffy mansion."
- Gossip, "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "[...] when King Arthur and his knights appeared, old Lord Sinclair agreed with King Ulthas that the knights had greater need for the castle than the Sinclair family. So, Lord Sinclair had the mansion built, packed his family up and vacated."
- Gossip, "Murder Mystery", Old School RuneScape. "[The Sinclairs] used to live in the big castle, but old Lord Sinclair gave it up so that those strange knights could live there instead. So the king built him a new house to the north. It's more cramped than his old place, but he seemed to like it. His children were furious at him for doing it though!"
- Gossip, "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "Originally, the Sinclair family lived in Camelot, although it went under a different name then."
- Guard (Sinclair Mansion), "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "It never sat well with the Sinclair children when their old man gave the castle to king Arthur and moved the family to this mansion. I suspect the murder of old Sinclair was just the the first step in a deeper plot to retake their 'birthright'."
- Guard (Sinclair Mansion), "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "[...] the guards received evidence from one of the family members that conclusively proved Anna did it. All other evidence was thrown out, it was that good. So they arrested her and soon the case will go to court."
- Judge, "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "Anna Sinclair, you are hereby declared 'not guilty' by a jury of your peers. You are free to go."
- Merlin, "King's Ransom", Old School RuneScape. "The Sinclairs have wanted to get their slimy hands on Camelot since their father's death."