Mage Training Arena
|Mage Training Arena|
|Also called||Magic Training Arena|
|Released||4 January 2006 (Update)|
|Location||North of the Emir's Arena|
|Reward currency||Pizazz points|
|Music||The Enchanter, Golden Touch, Mind over Matter, Roll the Bones|
The Mage Training Arena is a members'-only Magic minigame located to the north of the Emir's Arena. Using various spells, players earn pizazz points in different minigames which they can use to buy items in a shop on the top floor of the arena. This is not to be confused with the Mage Arena, which is a dangerous Wilderness miniquest.
To participate in all the activities, one should bring nature runes, cosmic runes, law runes, and all types of elemental runes (or staves to replace them). The spells cast are Telekinetic Grab, high and low level alchemy, as many of the enchant jewellery spells (Lvl-1 Enchant, Lvl-2 Enchant, Lvl-3 Enchant, Lvl-4 Enchant, Lvl-5 Enchant, Lvl-6 Enchant, Lvl-7 Enchant) as the player has access to, and the Bones To Bananas and Bones To Peaches spells.
History[edit | edit source]
After the discovery of runes by humans, many accidents occurred as inexperienced mages attempted difficult spells. The wizards of the original Wizards' Tower created the arena and the various guardians so that mages could train with the more mundane spells. Unfortunately, it was destroyed by warriors and rangers that were angered by the new art of Magic during the Runecrafting Crusades. Recently, the current denizens of the Wizards' Tower have recreated the Arena and Guardians and have also developed charmed warriors to defend the arena against further attacks.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
Players need a minimum of level 7 Magic to participate in this minigame, although that will allow the use of only a single spell. At level 33 Magic (required for Telekinetic Grab), a player can participate in all 4 activities. Level 93 (enchant zenyte) will allow players to use all spells in all areas of the minigame. The higher the level of Magic, the more experience points the player will receive.
Players also need to either wear or have in their inventory a Progress hat, which can be obtained from the Entrance Guardian. Talk to the cranky Progress hat to learn pizazz point totals for each room.
Rooms[edit | edit source]
The Mage Training Arena offers four rooms for the player to practice casting Alchemy, Enchantment, and Telekinetic spells. In addition to pizazz points, the player earns coins and runes in the activities. Players must acquire the appropriate number of pizazz points in each of the four rooms to buy items from the Rewards Guardian.
The teleports to the four rooms are located in the north area of the arena:
- Telekinetic Theatre - south
- Creature Graveyard - east
- Enchanting Chamber - west
- Alchemists' Playground - north
Telekinetic Theatre[edit | edit source]
In this room, players must use Telekinetic Grab to move a stationary maze guardian through a maze.
Players will receive 2 Telekinetic Pizazz points for each maze they complete. After solving five mazes in a row, players will receive a bonus of 8 Telekinetic Pizazz points, 10 law runes and 1,000 Magic experience. Players can expect to complete around 50 mazes per hour with few to no mistakes. This equates to approximately 180 points per hour. On average, it will take a player 20 seconds to earn 1 point.
Creature Graveyard[edit | edit source]
In this room, players must collect and convert bones into fruit using Bones to Bananas or unlockable Bones to Peaches spells. There are 4 different types of bones that can be collected from the bone piles. Each bone pile will cycle through each type of bone in order from 1 to 4, giving 4 of each type of bone before advancing to the next type. Each bone will convert to different quantity of fruit depending on the tier. The fruits must then be deposited in the slots along the walls of the room to gain pizazz points. Players will also take 2 damage every 6 seconds while inside the room.
Dying in this room results in the loss of 10 Graveyard Pizazz points.
Fill inventory with appropriate amount of each bone type, click food chute, quickly click cast bones to bananas, and, if done correctly, your character will run, cast, and deposit all fruit in one motion which saves clicks and a lot of time. Note: damage occurs every 10 ticks in this room and will stall your character if you perform these actions right before the damage tick, but this does not mean you did anything wrong.
Enchanting Chamber[edit | edit source]
In this room, players must use enchanting spells to enchant various shapes located in the 4 corners of the room, granting pizazz points and transforming the shapes into orbs. Players can also occasionally pick up Dragonstones for double points.
Players will receive 1 Enchantment Pizzazz point per level of Enchantment spell cast (Level 7 Enchant gives 7 points), with points doubled if cast on a Dragonstone. Additionally, each orb can be deposited in the chute in the middle of the room to earn extra rewards, with every 20 orbs deposited granting a reward of 3 blood, death, or cosmic runes.
Alchemist's Playground[edit | edit source]
In this room, players must use High Level Alchemy or Low Level Alchemy to convert items to coins. The items can be found inside one of the 8 cupboards in the room. The amount of coins and the locations of the items changes every 42.2 seconds
Players will receive 1 Alchemist Pizazz point and 10 coins deposited into their bank account for every 100 coins deposited in the coin deposit box. For every coin deposited in the minigame, players will receive 2 Magic experience.
UIM Notes: Coins, Clue Scrolls and Clue Caskets cannot be brought into the Alchemist's Playground.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
A player can buy runes, infinity robes, wands, the mage's book, and the Bones to Peaches spell in the shop upstairs with the pizazz points they've earned. If a player is having trouble with the arena, an arena book may also be bought for 200 coins.
Note that the prices listed for the wands (apprentice wand, teacher wand, and master wand) are all upgrades, meaning the player must both spend the points and exchange the wand one tier below it (e.g. to purchase a master wand, the player must turn in a teacher wand in addition to spending the pizazz points). This effectively gives the master wand the price of 480 Telekinetic, 480 Graveyard, 4800 Enchantment, and 530 Alchemist pizazz points.
To obtain enough points to purchase everything in the rewards shop at least once you can expect to burn an estimated 4682 Law runes (including rewarded runes), 13000 Nature runes, and between 2000-6000 Cosmic runes depending on the level of enchantment spell used. These estimates assume the following:
- The most efficient methods to gain points are used (most points per cast, not fastest)
- Staves are used to cover all elemental rune cost
- No free casts are used in Alchemist Playground as these are highly random
- You are earning 1 graveyard point per cast of bones to bananas
This will cost you an estimated 2,720,932 to 3,264,932 coins in runes. For a full overview, see the Pizazz points page.
|Item||Telekinetic||Graveyard||Enchantment||Alchemist||Converted cost[n 1]||GE Price||Profit|
|Apprentice wand (Upgrade)||60||60||600||60||58,198.00||708,645||458,696.00|
|Teacher wand (Upgrade)||150||150||1500||200||145,494.00||2,169,545||1,315,406.00|
|Master wand (Upgrade)||240||240||2400||240||232,791.00||2,687,678||285,342.00|
|Bones to Peaches spell||200||200||2000||300||236,892.00||N/A||N/A|
|Item||Telekinetic||Graveyard||Enchantment||Alchemist||Converted cost[n 1]||GE Price||Profit|
- Using the cost per point as explained above, using Lvl-6 enchant on shapes
Note[edit | edit source]
There is a maximum number of points a player can have in each activity:
- Telekinetic pizazz points - 4,000 points
- Graveyard pizazz points - 4,000 points
- Enchantment pizazz points - 16,000 points
- Alchemist pizazz points - 8,000 points
If the maximum for an activity is reached, players will be allowed to enter that chamber, but will receive a warning before doing so.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|28 November 2019
Magic Training Arena Shop received a new interface.
|28 June 2018
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the update on 28 June 2018, the Enchantment Chamber would only give 1 point for enchanting shapes, regardless of the level of the enchantment spell used, with 1 bonus point for enchanting the bonus shape. This meant that the fastest strategy was to hop worlds and collect and enchant only the dragonstones. This was changed because it was very far from what was intended for the activity and because it was easily taken advantage of by bots.
References[edit | edit source]
- Arena book, page 2-3, Old School RuneScape. "It soon became evident just how dangerous this was, with a great many tragic accidents occurring due to inexperienced wizards. Wizards and victims alike were calling for something to be done, but it was only due to a tragic accident involving one of the leaders of that time that the training arena was constructed."
- Display case 5, Old School RuneScape. "The invading Fremennik had a number of sympathisers within the kingdom of Misthalin ... they destroyed the Mage Training Arena."
- Arena book, page 3, Old School RuneScape. "There were many warriors of melee and ranged combat that took offence to this new art of magic, and taking matters into their own hands, they destroyed the arena."
- Arena book, page 4, Old School RuneScape. "a collection of Wizards took it upon themselves to resurrect the building along with all Guardians of Magic that were destroyed with it. These Guardians were created out of the very same essence as runestones, embodying the magic power and authority needed to oversee the arena."