Mage Training Arena/Creature Graveyard
In this room, players must collect 4 different types of bones from bone piles around the room, and use the Bones to Bananas or Bones to Peaches spells to turn them into bananas or peaches respectively. The fruits must then be deposited in the slots along the walls of the room to gain pizazz points.
- Each type of bones gives a different quantity of fruit when converted, as shown at the bottom-right of the screen.
- The bone piles cycle through each type of bone in order from 1 to 4, giving 4 of each type of bone before advancing to the next type.
- Every 16 fruit deposited (whether bananas or peaches) earn a Graveyard pizazz point and one water, earth, nature, death, or blood rune. The 16 fruit must be deposited on the same visit to the room, but can be done in more than one inventory. If a deposit of more than 16 completes 2 sets at the same time, this earns 2 pizazz points and 2 runes of the same type.
- Regularly, players will be hit for 2 damage by falling bones.
- Items for quick health regeneration are highly recommended. (see Basic Strategy below)
- Use the bones and eat the food you create with them to keep your health up.
- Bringing extra higher healing food is recommended as the damage taken can add up steadily over time.
- Logging out will not affect your pizazz points (but you will lose all fruit in your inventory).
- You cannot teleport out of the training arena!
- Death will result in a penalty of 10 pizazz points and being sent back to the arena's main hall (but you will not lose your items) and does NOT make Hardcore ironman lose their status.
If players have or can afford one, a mud battlestaff is very helpful in this room, as Bones to Bananas will then only require one nature rune, while Bones to Peaches will require two nature runes. Additionally, the Regen bracelet can be used in conjunction with either a Hitpoints cape or the Rapid Heal prayer. Doing this will regenerate your health at four times the normal rate, but the Hitpoints cape and Rapid Heal prayer do not stack together so this is only possible with the Regen bracelet. Runes that are rewarded for depositing fruit will not automatically be put into your Rune pouch.
With the most efficient methods it is possible to earn in excess of 350 points per hour, but more modest methods can still yield over 200 points per hour.
Basic strategy[edit | edit source]
- Progress hat
- Mud battlestaff (best), or any earth or water staff
- Regen bracelet and/or hitpoints cape if you have them
- Prayer boosting equipment if using Rapid Heal
- Enough nature runes for casting the spells.
- If not using a mud battlestaff, bring more water or earth runes for casting.
- 20 empty spaces will be needed to hold the bones and fruit.
- Note that water, earth, nature, death, and blood runes will be given as rewards.
- Use any remaining space for food. 3 food items will leave room for all the rune stacks, or you can bring more food and drop reward runes initially.
When you first enter the Creature Graveyard room, head a short way west to the deposit slot. Take bones from the nearest pile, ignoring the other piles. The task is to convert the bones using the Bones to Bananas or Bones to Peaches spell, and deposit the resulting fruit in the slot.
Start by taking 4 of the 1-fruit bones. Convert and deposit these, or discard them. (4 bones total)
- Take 4 of the 2-fruit bones and 4 of the 3-fruit bones. (8 bones total)
- Cast Bone to Bananas and deposit.
- Take 4 of the 4-fruit bones and 4 of the 1-fruit bones. (8 bones total)
- Cast Bone to Bananas and deposit.
- Repeat as necessary.
If you have not yet unlocked Bones to Peaches (you cannot use tablets inside this room), simply cast Bones to Bananas every time, and eat enough bananas to keep your health up. If you have unlocked Bones to Peaches, cast it when low on health and eat some peaches. Peaches heal 8 hitpoints instead of 2 for a banana, so a smaller number of fruit needs to be eaten, speeding up the gain of points. Bones to Peaches uses 2 nature runes instead of 1 and depositing peaches gives no additional points, so use it only for healing or if the additional rune cost is no object.
Note: Since the Bones to Peaches spell gives an advantage in this task, if you are going for multiple rewards from the mage training arena, it may be wise to unlock Bones to Peaches before purchasing other rewards.
Advanced strategy (You And A Friend)[edit | edit source]
One way to speed up this process by a significant amount is to have a friend with you. The method here is your friend picks up the bones, enchants the spell, and drops all bananas on the floor (repeating the process over and over). You pick up all the bananas as they continue to fall, deposit them in the slot, and continue until you reach your desired points. You can get to 200 points in 30 minutes or less with this method.
Advanced strategy (23-Fruit)[edit | edit source]
Similarly to the basic strategy, this method maximises the amount of fruits deposited while also using peaches to heal. This method's inventory is the same as the basic one, but the strategy with the bones is a little bit different. 23 fruit gives 1.4375 pizzazz points
Start by collecting or discarding the first 4 single fruit bones, similarly to the basic strategy.
- Collect 16 bones, resulting in 4 of each type of bone.
- Drop the 4 point and 3 point bones first, in any order.
- Drop the 1 point and 2 point bones in an alternating order.
- Cycle 1, repeat 8 times:
- Collect 8 bones from the pile, which will be 2 and 3, or 4 and 1 fruit bones respectively, for 20 points.
- Pick up a bone from your dropped pile.
- Cast Bones to Bananas.
- Cycle 2, repeat 4 times:
- Collect 8 bones from the pile, which will be 2pt and 3, or 4 and 1 fruit bones respectively,
- Pick up two bones from your dropped pile.
- Cast Bones to Bananas.
- Go to Step 1.
When you're down to <15 hp, spend an inventory of 23 fruits' worth on Bones to Peaches, drop 12 Peaches next to the fruit deposit and eat the rest. Then proceed with the method, juggling the remaining 12 Peaches on the ground as needed for healing.
Other survival strategies[edit | edit source]
Players who do not wish to eat in the room and thereby save nature runes or maximise their pizazz points earned may exit the room when they are low on Hitpoints and heal from one of the nurses or surgeons at the Al-Kharid Duel Arena hospital. Then they may return to the graveyard, fully healed and ready to go again.
Another option is to bring a small amount of high-healing food (lobsters, monkfish, and so on) into the graveyard and eat when needed. Expect to eat about 1 monkfish per minute if this method is employed.
Players can also teleport to Ferox Enclave via the ring of dueling and enter the white free-for-all Clan Wars portal to restore all their stats. Players can then use the ring of dueling to return to the Duel Arena and run back to the Mage Training Arena.
References[edit | edit source]