This article is about the crop. For the object, see Magic tree
Magic trees are Farming plants grown at level 75 Farming. A magic tree is grown by planting a Magic seed in a filled plant pot. A gardening trowel is needed to plant the seed, then it must be watered.
After 15 minutes or less, the planted seed will become a Magic sapling and can then be transferred to a tree patch. The tree patch must be raked clean of weeds. Compost or Super Compost may be added prior to planting, and once planted (using a spade), the nearby farmer may be paid to watch over your tree. Payment is 25 coconuts and optionally may be noted to save you space.
Planting the Magic tree sapling gives 145.5 farming experience. A healthy Magic tree, when checked, provides 13,768.3 farming experience. If the farmer does not watch the tree, then disease on the tree may be removed using secateurs. However, if left alone, the diseased tree will die.
A Magic tree sapling takes 8 hours (480 minutes) to mature. An Amulet of nature may be bound to the patch to provide progress on its growth. A fully grown Magic tree can be cut to yield Magic logs and grant Woodcutting experience. After it is cut down, it will eventually regrow, or a spade may be used on the stump to produce Magic roots and clear the patch for planting a new tree. The amount of roots given depends on the player's Farming level (boosts can be used):
- At level 75, a player obtains one magic root.
- At level 83, a player obtains two magic roots.
- At level 91, a player obtains three magic roots.
- At level 99, a player obtains four magic roots.
- ↑ Only dropped by Grown version.
- ↑ Requires pruning with (magic) secateurs to cure disease.
- ↑ Only dropped by Diseased version.
- ↑ Only dropped by Stump version.