|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||Logs cut from a magic tree.|
|High alch||192 coins|
|Low alch||128 coins|
|Exchange||1,029 coins (info)|
Magic logs are logs that can be acquired using the Woodcutting skill from magic trees. Cutting magic trees requires a Woodcutting level of 75 or higher and yields 250 Woodcutting experience per log cut. Due to the slow speed at which magic trees are cut at this level, it is advised that players wait until they have a Woodcutting level of at least 85 before chopping magic trees. Players can expect to gain up to 130 magic logs per hour using a dragon axe.
Magic logs can be fletched into unstrung magic shortbows with a Fletching level of 80, granting 83.3 Fletching experience, or into unstrung magic longbows with a Fletching level of 85, granting 91.5 Fletching experience.
Magic logs can also be burnt with a Firemaking level of 75, granting 303.8 Firemaking experience.
Magic logs are needed for three quests: twelve for Desert Treasure, one for Mourning's End Part I, and three for unlocking the Gnome Stronghold balloon route (requirement for Monkey Madness II), requiring sixteen magic logs in total.
Experience from logs[edit | edit source]
- Each log gives 250 Woodcutting experience when cut (Woodcutting level 75 required).
- Lighting a log gives 303.8 Firemaking experience (Firemaking level 75 required).
- Making a magic stock gives 70 Fletching experience, an additional 135 experience when adding the dragon limbs and finally 70 experience when adding the crossbow string (Fletching level 78 required).
- Making an unstrung magic shortbow gives 83.3 Fletching experience and an additional 83.3 experience when adding the bow string (Fletching level 80 required).
- Making an unstrung magic longbow gives 91.5 Fletching experience and an additional 91.5 experience when adding the bow string (Fletching level 85 required).
- Making a magic shield gives 183 Fletching experience and requires two logs (Fletching level 87 required).
- Making a Magic bird house gives 50 experience and requires a clockwork (Crafting level 75 required).
Obtaining magic logs[edit | edit source]
Towards the end of the Legends' Quest, it is possible to obtain them by allowing yommi trees to die and chopping them down, which seems to yield magic logs about 25% of the time. This cannot be done once the quest is complete! This is a slow and tedious process (~2–4 hours depending on luck), but is a viable alternative for those who do not have 75 Woodcutting or 58 Hunter to catch nature implings.
They are available as a rare drop from the supply crates obtained at the Wintertodt minigame. This requires a minimum of level 50 Firemaking and the probability of receiving magic logs scales up with Woodcutting level.
Magic Logs can be obtained from Ent trunks left behind by Ents with 75 woodcutting.
Can be obtained from Brimstone chests.
In addition, there are several NPCs from whom players can receive magic logs, found in the list below.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Magic bird house|
|Magic longbow (u)|
|Magic pyre logs|
|Magic shortbow (u)|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Abyssal Sire||350||50–70 (noted)||5/139|
|Brimstone chest||N/A||120–160 (noted)||1/30|
|Corporeal Beast||785||75 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ent||86; 101||2 (noted)||Varies|
|General Graardor||624||15–20 (noted)||8/127|
|Kalphite Queen||333||60 (noted)||4/128|
|Larran's big chest||N/A||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Larran's small chest||N/A||Unknown||Uncommon|
|Nature impling jar||N/A||1||1/10|
|Nuclear smoke devil||280||5 (noted)||3/128|
|Revenant cyclops||82||15–25 (noted)||1/113.44|
|Revenant dark beast||120||15–25 (noted)||1/66.25|
|Revenant demon||98||15–25 (noted)||1/93.71|
|Revenant dragon||135||15–25 (noted)||1/53.27|
|Revenant goblin||15||15–25 (noted)||1/924.98|
|Revenant hellhound||90||15–25 (noted)||1/102.63|
|Revenant hobgoblin||60||15–25 (noted)||1/193.51|
|Revenant imp||7||15–25 (noted)||1/1,619.44|
|Revenant knight||126||15–25 (noted)||1/56.99|
|Revenant ork||105||15–25 (noted)||1/77.73|
|Revenant pyrefiend||52||15–25 (noted)||1/218.97|
|Silver key black||N/A||5–10 (noted)||2/153|
|Silver key brown||N/A||5–10 (noted)||2/153|
|Silver key crimson||N/A||5–10 (noted)||2/153|
|Silver key purple||N/A||5–10 (noted)||2/153|
|Silver key red||N/A||5–10 (noted)||2/153|
|Skeletal Wyvern||140||35 (noted)||6/128|
|Smoke devil||160||5 (noted)||3/128|
|Supply crate||N/A||10–20 (noted)||Varies|
|Thermonuclear smoke devil||301||20 (noted)||2/128|
|Vorkath||392; 732||50 (noted)||5/150|
|Zombie (Tarn's Lair) Level 61||61||1||2/128|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a glitch which can sometimes occur when opening your bank, or scrolling too quickly within your bank where the inventory icon may become animated. This also affects other animated items such as the Fire cape and Dramen branch.