|A beautiful, old mahogany tree.|
Stump: This is what is left of a mahogany tree.
A mahogany tree is a type of tree that can be cut down using the Woodcutting skill, giving mahogany logs. Level 50 Woodcutting is needed to chop down this tree. They give 125 Woodcutting experience per log.
As with most other trees that can give more than one log, mahogany trees have a 1 in 8 chance of depleting per log chopped.
Tree locations[edit | edit source]
Mahogany trees can be logged at the following locations:
- The Hardwood Grove at Tai Bwo Wannai - 4 trees. A payment of 100 Trading sticks is required each time to enter the grove. Mahogany trees can only be chopped here after playing the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame once.
- Eastern Kharazi Jungle - 3 trees. (Requires starting Legends' Quest.)
- Small islands off the coast of Mos Le'Harmless, accessible via the caves containing the Cave horrors (requires completing Cabin Fever).
- Ape Atoll (requires starting Monkey Madness I). There are two trees, one outside the main town gate, and one in the south-west of the island.
- North of the Farming Guild in the Kebos Lowlands - 2 trees. West of the fairy ring code CIR.
If using the mahogany trees near Tai Bwo Wannai after finishing the Jungle Potion quest, players can use Rionasta to send mahogany logs to their bank for 10 trading sticks each. Thus, a full inventory of 27 logs would cost 270 sticks plus the entrance fee.
There are mahogany trees on the island of Etceteria, which is accessible after the Royal Trouble quest. However, players cannot obtain logs from these trees, as these are used to gain popularity on the island. Instead, the players can assign some of their subjects on Miscellania and Etceteria to cut mahogany trees, receiving the logs that way.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Along with Teak logs, Mahogany logs are used mainly for Construction in which they are transformed into mahogany planks at the Sawmill operator, one located north-east of Varrock, and another in the Woodcutting Guild. They can also be burned at level 50 Firemaking for 157.5 Firemaking experience points. They can also be made into a crossbow stock at Fletching level 61, giving 41 Fletching experience.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Planting a mahogany sapling at the hardwood tree patch in Fossil Island requires level 55 Farming and grants 63 Farming experience when planted and 15,720 exp when fully grown, which takes approximately 85.3 hours. A nearby squirrel will watch after a mahogany tree for 25 Yanillian hops.