|Released||10 May 2002 (Update)|
|Sells items||Yin yang amulet|
|Examine||Master of the mystical make-over.|
The Make-over mage, also known as Pete or Peta, depending on whether they are currently male or female, is a wizard who possesses the magical knowledge to change the player's gender or skin colour, at the price of 3,000 coins. Alternatively, a Makeover voucher may be used in place of the 3,000 coin fee. Approximately every 10 seconds, they will switch genders.
Location[edit | edit source]
The mage is located in a small cabin south-west[?] of Falador, and directly north[?] of the Crafting Guild. The house is surrounded by a herd of sheep, which when used in conjunction with the level 5 Agility shortcut through the Falador wall, is extremely close to a bank. Players can use the spinning wheel in the Crafting Guild to spin their gathered wool into balls.
Personalisation[edit | edit source]
By default, the options are set to the current gender and skin colour of players' characters. Click on a colour or gender to change it—either or both will cost 3,000 coins.
The Make-over mage also sells Yin yang amulets. They are non-tradeable and offer no bonuses, but can be bought for 100 coins.
If a player has completed a Halloween event, the additional skin colours green, black, white, and zombie blue are unlocked.
Players who had linked their Twitch Prime account to their Runescape account between 26 July and 19 September 2018 had early access to an additional purple skin colour. This skin colour was made available to everyone in an update on 20 September 2018.
Quest involvement[edit | edit source]
Recruitment Drive[edit | edit source]
The Make-over mage is also sometimes required in the Recruitment Drive quest, where the player must defeat someone that no man can defeat. If they are male, they must go to the Make-over mage and become female. After the quest, they will be reimbursed for the 3,000 coin fee, and be given a makeover voucher, which can be used for one free makeover.
2017 Birthday event[edit | edit source]
The mage was invited to Party Pete's celebration of the 4th birthday of Old School RuneScape, for which the player had to complete the riddle of "How many major accidents have I had this month when attempting to use my make-over powers?", to which the answer was "36". Once at the party, they realised that it was rather boring, and had to be bribed 100 coins in order to pretend to have fun.
Stock[edit | edit source]
|Yin yang amulet||100|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
|19 September 2013
Thessalia, the hairdresser, the Makeover Mage and Yrsa now have right-click options for accessing their makeover services.
|22 February 2013
This content was included when the Old School RuneScape servers officially launched.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Make-over mage used to give haircuts and clothing changes in RuneScape Classic; however, this was removed.
- If a player attempts to get a makeover while wearing the Prince outfit, Princess outfit, Frog mask, or Farmer's outfit the Make-over mage will decline to serve them, saying:
- "I see you got some of your clothes from a magic frog, didn't you? I'm afraid you'll have to take them off before I can give you a makeover. Their froggy aura interferes with my magic."
- This message appears whether or not you have sufficient coins in your inventory to have a makeover in the first place. So, before checking if you have enough gold for the transaction, it checks for the frog items first!
- " 'Fraid I can't see you under all that dirt from farming. You'll have to take your farmer's outfit off before I can give you a makeover."
- This message only appears if you have sufficient coins in your inventory to have a makeover in the first place.