|Making History (#92)|
|Released||22 November 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Enchanted Key|
|Lead developer(s)||Tim C|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Jorral in the outpost north-west of West Ardougne.|
|Description||A secluded outpost has served the City of Ardougne for generations, playing stage to many exceptional events. Its current occupant wants to employ your skills to construct its true history before time runs out and history itself is wiped away!|
|Official length||Short – Long|
or access to:
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Talk to Jorral in the outpost just north-west of West Ardougne. It is directly south of the Tree Gnome Stronghold (One can use a Necklace of passage and teleport to The Outpost). In order to save the outpost from King Lathas, the player will need to talk to Erin the silver merchant, Droalak the ghost, and Dron the warrior. They can be visited in any order, and the player does not need to revisit Jorral until they've met all characters. Before all of this, Jorral takes you into a cutscene.
Note: If the door is open when talking to Jorral, occasionally an aggressive hobgoblin can attack you during the cutscene, which will cancel the dialogue afterwards and force you to watch the cutscene again.
The enchanted key cannot be used to find additional treasure until this quest is complete. If the player uses the key, they get the message, "You have already found the chest" (if not opened to get the journal yet) or, "You have already found the journal". If the player has already given the journal to Jorral, the message is, "You've already delivered the journal."
Erin the silver merchant[edit | edit source]
Items required: Spade.
Note: Erin won't talk to you if you've recently stolen from his stall.
Talk to Erin, the Silver merchant, in East Ardougne. He is at the north-western stall in the central market. He will tell you about his great grandfather, and that he has an enchanted key. Ask him if you can borrow it and he will agree. The key changes temperature as you walk.
Teleport to Castle Wars (ring of dueling or minigames teleport) and cross both of the bridges to the north until you are around 4 steps north from the east side of the second bridge. As soon as you feel that the enchanted key is steaming, take out your spade and dig to find a Chest. Use the enchanted key to open it and you will find a Journal.
Droalak the ghost[edit | edit source]
Travel to Port Phasmatys; if Ghosts Ahoy has not been completed, you must pay two ecto-tokens to the town guards. (Get ecto-tokens by using the bones in the bone grinder on the floor above, slime from the trapdoor west of the fountain, and use those items on the fountain. Then, talk to a ghost disciple to claim your ecto-tokens.) The port can also be reached by Charter Ship to Port Phasmatys or use Fairy ring ALQ (Note: Fairy Ring still requires ecto-token).
Once in Port Phasmatys, head to the general store. Then talk-to Droalak in, or around the general store. He will give the player a scroll if they give his wife, Melina, a strung sapphire amulet. Melina is in the building directly east of the general store.
(Note: To make a strung sapphire amulet if you don't already have one, use a gold bar on a furnace while having a cut sapphire and amulet mould in your inventory. Then use a ball of wool on the unstrung sapphire amulet, to get a strung sapphire amulet.)
After giving Melina the amulet, the player must go back to Droalak to receive the scroll.
Dron the warrior[edit | edit source]
Go to Rellekka (players can use fairy ring code: AJR to reach the nearby slayer dungeon or Fremennik sea boots to teleport.) Talk to Dron's brother, Blanin (he can be found near the Dairy churn, east of the Longhall). Go north of Skulgrimen's Battle Gear, and speak to Dron. He can be found close to the northern-most dock. He will quiz the player on the information that Blanin gave them. Dron will ask various questions; these are the answers (in the order used);
To get through the conversation quick, here are the numbers you can press (for the whole conversation): 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1.
- He wields an iron mace in battle.
- He eats rats for breakfast.
- He eats kittens for lunch.
- He eats bunnies for tea.
- His favourite drink is red spider blood.
- He is 36 years, 8 months (21 days) old.
- He studies the Fifth and Fourth ages.
- His house is on the north-east side of town.
- His brother's name is Blanin.
- His pet cat is named Fluffy.
- 5 and 7 is 12.
After answering the questions, Dron will reveal part of the outpost's history that involves two friends battling each other at the Outpost. One sided with Zamorak, and the other sided with Saradomin. It's later learned that they both decided to stand down after observing the destruction of the battle, and chose to side with Guthix. As time went on, one became King of Ardougne and the other ran the Ardougne marketplace.
Back to Jorral[edit | edit source]
Give everything to Jorral. He'll give the player a letter to take to the king of East Ardougne. King Lathas can be found upstairs in his castle in central Ardougne just across the river. He will give back a letter to take to Jorral, in which he promises not to tear down the outpost. After taking it to Jorral, Jorral will make a museum out of the Outpost.
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest points
- 1,000 Crafting experience
- 1,000 Prayer experience
- 750 coins
- Enchanted key, allowing you to go on your own treasure digs until it disappears
- Access to the museum in the outpost
- Ability to complete master clue hot/cold Treasure Trails.
- Completing this quest awards the player with 5 Kudos which can be claimed by talking to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Making History is required for the following:
Changes[edit | edit source]
|17 January 2019
The chatbox interface no longer obstructs cutscenes on mobile.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you visit Droalak after the quest, the player's character will tell him that they have delivered the scroll and it was of good use. Droalak finally rests in peace.
- When the quest is completed, Jorral will tell you there is something that may interest you in his museum. If you search the bookcase and choose the book titled 'The Mysterious Adventurer', it will be a book written about your character, telling you stories of some of your completed quests.
- Jorral's quote "Do you want to know more?" at the beginning of the quest is a reference to a repeated line in the 1997 film Starship Troopers.
- If you talk to Jorral right before completing this quest whilst having a master clue in your inventory, he will reply with '"Stop! I can't help you unless you help me out first." To which your character replies "Okay then, moving on ..." and continues the dialogue of the quest.
- Studying the 'Large Display' when the museum is built, shows Wally's helmet. Recall, during the 'Demon Slayer' Quest, Wally is seen defeating Delrith the Demon in a flashback 150 years ago.
- Also, displayed in the museum is 'The axe of Arrav'. It was left behind by an adventurer on a quest to find 'The shield of Arrav', needed to save the people of Avarrocka.