|Making History (#92)|
|Release date||22 November 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Enchanted Key|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Jorral in the outpost north-west of West Ardougne.|
|Description||A secluded outpost has served the City of Ardougne for generations, playing stage to many exceptional events. Its current occupant wants to employ your skills to construct its true history before time runs out and history itself is wiped away!|
|Official length||Short – Long|
If the player has not completed Ghosts Ahoy, they will need:
or access to:
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Talk to Jorral in the outpost just north-west of West Ardougne. It is directly south of the Tree Gnome Stronghold (One can use a Necklace of passage and teleport to The Outpost). In order to save the outpost from King Lathas, the player will need to talk to Erin the silver merchant, Droalak the ghost, and Dron the warrior. They can be visited in any order, and the player does not need to revisit Jorral until they've met all characters. Before all of this, Jorral takes you into a cutscene.
Note: If the door is open when talking to Jorral, occasionally an aggressive hobgoblin can attack you during the cutscene, which will cancel the dialogue afterwards and force you to watch the cutscene over again.
Erin the silver merchant[edit | edit source]
Items required: Spade.
Go to East Ardougne, and talk to Erin, the Silver Merchant who works on the silver stall at the market. He will give the player a key. It is used to find a buried chest. The closer the player is to the chest, the warmer the key. There are six temperatures: freezing, very cold, warm, very hot, burning hot, and steaming hot. When the key is steaming hot, the player is on the right spot and will need to use the spade to recover the chest. The key will also tell the player whether it is hotter or colder since its last use.
Players may now teleport to Castle Wars using the ring of dueling. The key should lead the player to an area south of the observatory near the river, north of Castle Wars. The area to dig is on white flowers. Click the spade when the key is steaming hot. Use the Enchanted key on the chest to open it to get a journal, written by Erin's father (Droalak).
Read the journal, and learn about Droalak's past. That he made a deal with Zamorak, to live in the outpost, not knowing how evil they were. Droalak too becomes influenced by evil, and terrorizes the people of Ardougne. The journal abruptly ends, after preparation for the battle against Saradomin, which alludes to Droalak's death.
The Enchanted key cannot be used to find additional treasure until this quest is complete. If the player uses the key, he or she gets the message, "You have already found the chest" (if not opened to get the journal yet) or, "You have already found the journal". If the player has already given the journal to Jorral, the message is, "You've already delivered the journal."
Droalak the ghost[edit | edit source]
Travel to Port Phasmatys (if Ghosts Ahoy has not been completed, pay two ecto-tokens to the town guards or alternatively you can charter a boat to Port Phasmatys or use Fairy ring ALQ). Once in Port Phasmatys, head to the general store. Then talk-to Droalak in, or around the general store.
He will give the player a scroll if they give his wife, Melina, a strung sapphire amulet. To make a strung sapphire amulet, use a gold bar on a furnace while having a cut sapphire and amulet mould in your inventory. Then use a ball of wool on the unstrung sapphire amulet, to get a strung sapphire amulet if you don't already have one.
Speak to Droalak again to let him know you have the amulet. Melina is found just east of the general store, in the building. After giving her the amulet, the player must go back to Droalak to receive the scroll.
Dron the warrior[edit | edit source]
Go to Rellekka. Talk to Dron's brother, Blanin (He can be found near the Dairy churn, East of the Longhall). Go north of Skulgrimen's Battle Gear, and speak to Dron. He can be found close to the northernmost dock. He will quiz the player on the information that Blanin gave them. Dron will ask various questions; these are the answers (in the order used):
- He wields an iron mace in battle.
- He eats rats for breakfast.
- He eats kittens for lunch.
- He eats bunnies for tea.
- His favourite drink is red spider blood.
- He is 36 years, 8 months (21 days) old.
- He studies the Fifth and Fourth ages.
- His house is on the northeast side of town.
- His brother's name is Blanin.
- His pet cat is named Fluffy.
- 5 and 7 is 12
To get through the conversation quick, here are the numbers you can press (for the whole conversation): 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1.
After answering the questions, Dron will reveal part of the outpost's history. That involving two friends battling each another at the outpost. With one siding with Zamorak, and the other Saradomin. It's later learned they both stand down, after observing the destruction of the battle, choosing the side of Guthix. And, later one becomes King of Ardougne, and the other runs the marketplace.
Back to Jorral[edit | edit source]
Give everything to Jorral. He'll give the player a letter to take to the king of East Ardougne. King Lathas can be found upstairs in his castle in central Ardougne just across the river. He will give back a letter to take to Jorral, in which he promises not to tear down the outpost. After taking it to Jorral, Jorral will make a museum out of the outpost.
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest Quest points
- 1,000 CraftingCrafting experience
- 1,000 Prayer Prayer experience
- 750 coins
- Enchanted key, allowing you to go on your own treasure digs until it disappears
- Access to the museum in the outpost
- Ability to complete master clue hot/cold Treasure Trails.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|17 January 2019
|The chatbox interface no longer obstructs cutscenes on mobile.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you visit Droalak after the quest, the player's character will tell him that they have delivered the scroll and it was of good use. Droalak finally rests in peace.
- When the quest is completed, Jorral will tell you there is something that may interest you in his museum. If you search the bookcase and choose the book titled 'The Mysterious Adventurer', it will be a book written about your character, telling you stories of some of your completed quests.
- Jorral's quote "Do you want to know more?" at the beginning of the quest is a reference to a repeated line in the 1997 film Starship Troopers.
- If you talk to Jorral right before completing this quest whilst having a master clue in your inventory, he will reply with '"Stop! I can't help you unless you help me out first." To which your character replies "Okay then, moving on ..." and continues the dialogue of the quest.
- Studying the 'Large Display' when the museum is built, shows Wally's helmet. Recall, during the 'Demon Slayer' Quest, Wally is seen defeating Delrith the Demon in a flashback 150 years ago.
- Also, displayed in the museum is 'The axe of Arrav'. It was left behind by an adventurer on a quest to find 'The shield of Arrav', needed to save the people of Avarrocka.