Maniacal monkey (Hunter)
|Released||26 May 2016 (Update)|
|Loot||• Damaged monkey tail|
• Monkey tail (1/5,000)
|It doesn't look like tin foil hats are all they're|
cracked up to be.
Hunting spot location[edit | edit source]
- In Glough's Laboratory, which is located within Kruk's Dungeon.
The easiest way to reach this location is by taking the gnome glider to Ape Atoll. The dungeon is accessible by investigating the jungle grass just south of the glider destination. Upon entering the dungeon, go north and cross the monkey bars with the Kruk monkey greegree equipped. Then continue north through the passage.
Hunting technique[edit | edit source]
Players capture maniacal monkeys by setting a deadfall trap, using a banana as bait. To set a trap, mount a stunted demonic gorilla while holding the Kruk monkey greegree, and then click a large boulder with a banana in the inventory.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
The only items required to hunt maniacal monkeys are bananas and a Kruk monkey greegree. The most straightforward method is to bring baskets of bananas to use as bait for the traps. Players can also use the Bones to Bananas spell on the bones scattered around the room to replenish their stock of bananas. Magic cannot be used while a greegree is active, so it is recommended to use Bones to bananas tablets if choosing this method.
Maniacal monkeys provide an attractive option for training Hunter because they do not require much attention. Players can expect around 60k Hunter experience per hour at level 60, 70k at level 70, 100k at level 90, and up to 120k at level 99.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Damaged monkey tail||1||4,999/5,000||74||1|
Uses[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most hunter creatures, maniacal monkeys are not killed; rather, when successfully captured, they will shed their tails to escape, beginning the process of regenerating their tail. The tail will grow bit by bit, with the examine text reflecting when they are able to fall for the deadfall traps once more. The examine texts are as follows:
- Apparently these monkeys can shed their tails to escape danger.
- This monkey's tail has begun to grow back.
- This monkey's tail has almost completely regrown.
- When an intact Monkey tail is received, it gives the message "You've caught a monkey's tail. Other than the missing monkey, it's in perfect condition!"