|Released||6 June 2005 (Update)|
|Location||• South of Varrock|
• North of East Ardougne
• Draynor Village
• Farming Guild
|Examine||A master at farming.|
A Master Farmer is an NPC that cannot be attacked and can only be acted upon by pickpocketing. Level 38 Thieving is required to pickpocket them. Successful pickpockets result in a variety of seeds, excluding tree seeds and fruit tree seeds. 43 Thieving experience is granted upon successfully pickpocketing a Master Farmer. Failing to pickpocket a Master Farmer results in being stunned for five seconds and taking three damage. If the player's inventory is full, they will be unable to pickpocket them.
At current GE prices, a successful pickpocket is on average worth 192.35 coins, or 384.7 with the full rogue's outfit. At maximum efficiency of 3,000 pickpockets per hour without any failure, this equates to 1,154,087.2 per hour.
Ironmen looking for herb seeds can expect up to ~60 Ranarr or higher level seeds per hour at maximum efficiency.
Master Farmer locations[edit | edit source]
- Draynor: Martin the Master Gardener is found in Draynor. He wears the untrimmed Farming skillcape, and can be pickpocketed. He is also the starting point of A Fairy Tale Part I quest. However, there is also a one-click pickpocketable Master Farmer at the same location.
- Ardougne: There is a one-click Master Farmer situated northeast of the north bank, just beyond the Guards, next to Richard's Farming Shop (the medium Ardougne Diary reward does not apply here).
- Varrock: To the south of the Stone circle (south of the southern gate), there are a few Master Farmers wandering around the area, and one in the sheep pen.
- Hosidius: There is one Master Farmer located east of the town square and another to the north.
- Farming Guild: There is one Master Farmer located in all 3 sections of the guild (Requiring at least level 45 farming to access the guild). Using these Master Farmers allows you to quickly empty your inventory via the seed vault.
Success chance[edit | edit source]
The chance of successfully pickpocketing a Master Farmer is .
With the multiplicative +10% pickpocketing bonus from the Hard Ardougne Diary, players will stop failing to pickpocket them at level 94 Thieving.
Pickpocketing[edit | edit source]
A successful pickpocket attempt will gain one the following items:
Loot[edit | edit source]
Rates are accurate to 3 significant figures.
Allotments[edit | edit source]
|Snape grass seed||1||Rare||1,953||56|
Hops[edit | edit source]
Flowers[edit | edit source]
Bushes[edit | edit source]
|Poison ivy seed||1||1/937||18||99|
Herbs[edit | edit source]
|Dwarf weed seed||1||1/6,944||570||3|
Special[edit | edit source]
|Potato cactus seed||1||Very rare||28||84|
Pickpocket chance[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 16 July 2017. Mod Ash: "[Does the master farmer north of ardy count as "in" ardy for the medium diary?] No, that's a bit too far outside the city."
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 25 January 2016. Mod Kieren: "Master farmers: 90/255 at lv1, 240/255 at 99."
- Jagex. Mod Wolf's Twitter account. 23 February 2017. Mod Wolf: "Here's the pickpocket drop rates of Master Farmers!"