|Released||6 June 2005 (Update)|
|Location||North of East Ardougne|
|Examine||A master at farming.|
Master Farmers are adept farmers that can be pickpocketed to receive a variety of seeds. Level 38 Thieving is required to pickpocket them. Successful pickpockets can result in most types of seeds, excluding tree seeds and fruit tree seeds. 43 Thieving experience is granted upon successfully pickpocketing a Master Farmer. Failing to pickpocket a Master Farmer results in being stunned for five seconds and taking three damage. If the player's inventory is full, they will be unable to pickpocket them.
At current GE prices, a successful pickpocket is on average worth 116.95 coins, or 233.89 with the full rogue's outfit. At maximum efficiency of 3,000 pickpockets per hour without any failure, this equates to 701,684.2 coins per hour.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|North of East Ardougne[note 1]||N/A||1||Maplink|
|South of Varrock||N/A||1||Maplink|
Pickpocketing[edit | edit source]
Pickpocket chance[edit | edit source]
The chance of successfully pickpocketing a Master Farmer scales between 91/256 at level 1, and 241/256 at level 99.
With the multiplicative +10% pickpocketing bonus from the Hard Ardougne Diary, players will stop failing to pickpocket them at level 94 Thieving.
Pickpocketing info[edit | edit source]
|Thieving XP||43 xp|
Loot[edit | edit source]
Rates are accurate to 3 significant figures.
Allotments[edit | edit source]
|Snape grass seed||1||1/260||4,358||56|
Hops[edit | edit source]
Flowers[edit | edit source]
Bushes[edit | edit source]
|Poison ivy seed||1||1/937||12||99|
Herbs[edit | edit source]
|Ranarr seed||1||1/302[s 1]||25,826||30|
|Snapdragon seed||1||1/2,083[s 1]||40,394||36|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||1/6,944||300||3|
|Torstol seed||1||1/10,417[s 1]||10,978||42|
- Rarity scales with Farming level up to 85. The listed rate assumes level 75 Farming. Check the calculator below to view the rates at different levels.
module=Master farmer special seed calculator name=Master farmer special seed table calculator form=MasterFarmerHerbsForm result=MasterFarmerHerbsResult param = playername|Player name||hs|farmingLevel,20,1; param = farmingLevel|Farming Level|75|int|1-99 autosubmit = disabled
Please input the data and submit the form.
Special[edit | edit source]
|Potato cactus seed||1||1/2,200||8||84|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|24 March 2021
Master Farmers' drop tables for herb seeds now scale with Farming level. This is to stop bots using Master Farmers with very low stats. Herb seeds will now be worse below 75 Farming and better above 75 Farming, up to level 85.[a]
|16 September 2020
(update | poll)
Seaweed spores have been added to the master farmer's loot table.
- The blog incorrectly states the level as 71 Farming, but through crowdsourcing it has been confirmed it is 75.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 June 2021. Archived from the original on 6 September 2021.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 15 November 2021. Archived from the original on 27 November 2021.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 16 July 2017. Archived from the original on 30 May 2020. Mod Ash: "[Does the master farmer north of ardy count as "in" ardy for the medium diary?] No, that's a bit too far outside the city."
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 25 January 2016. Archived from the original on 30 May 2020. Mod Kieren: "Master farmers: 90/255 at lv1, 240/255 at 99."
- Jagex. Mod Wolf's Twitter account. 23 February 2017. Archived from the original on 30 May 2020. Mod Wolf: "Here's the pickpocket drop rates of Master Farmers!"
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 April 2020. Archived from the original on 30 May 2020. Mod Ash: "About 1 / 260 for the snape grass one, and 1 / 302 for ranarr."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 April 2020. Archived from the original on 28 April 2020. Mod Ash: "I'd only expect up to 3 for those (doubled if appropriate)."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 23 June 2020. Archived from the original on 23 June 2020. Mod Ash: "About 1 / 2200."