Mawnis Burowgar is the current ruler of Neitiznot, a small island within a volcanic archipelago north-west of Rellekka. Burowgar is a direct descendent of King Neitiznot, the Fremennik who established Neitiznot some four generations ago. Mawnis, although technically a king, is referred to in the game as a burgher.
Mawnis is the cousin of King Gjuki Sorvott IV, ruler of the neighbouring island of Jatizso and direct descendent of its founder, King Jatizso. As a result, the two harbour a bitter rivalry that has resulted in an armed conflict between the two.
After completing The Fremennik Isles quest, players will be rewarded with Mawnis' helm of neitiznot. Should they lose it, they can re-buy it for 50,000 coins.
- Mawnis Burowgar is the solution to the hard cryptic clue: Leader of the Yak City.
Mawnis Burowgar is the fifth ruler of Neitiznot, and has ruled it well for many years. Unlike Jatizso, the fertile ground and relatively good climate of Neitiznot have allowed it to flourish for centuries.
Until recently, Mawnis was much like his cousin: bitter, violent, and generally unwise as a leader. However, less than a year ago, a war-like band of ice trolls arrived on one of the archipelago's northernmost islands, and have since pushed their way south. Whilst Jatizso's militia was prepared for the attacks, Neitiznot's Honour guard were not. Under the cover of darkness, a number of trolls managed to pass Neitiznot's borders. They mercilessly pillaged the western half of the island, burning down a number of homes and killing anyone they encountered. Although they were eventually forced out of Neitiznot by the Guard, the island suffered heavy casualties. Amongst those killed were Mawnis' wife and young son.
Since this time, Mawnis has changed, softened by the murder of his family. Deciding that the rivalry between the two islands must be temporarily put aside, Mawnis and Sorvott agreed to a grudging truce so that they could focus on protecting themselves from the trolls. His kindness has not been lost upon his subjects, who today are happy and more supportive of him.
During The Fremennik Isles quest, players help Mawnis remove the threat of the ice trolls by killing their leader.
- Mawnis will have special dialogue during The Fremennik Isles if you already have 8 rope when he asks for it.
- ^ Maria Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "There was a time when Burgher Burowgar was similar to King Sorvott. Argumentative, short tempered..."
- ^ Maria Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "The change happened when trolls came and razed Neitiznot to the ground."
- ^ Maria Gunnars, Old School RuneScape. "The Burgher lost his wife and youngest son in the trolls' raid and has been a changed man since."