|Released||15 October 2015 (Update)|
|Options||Wear, Teleports, Features|
|Worn options||Warriors' Guild, Fishing Teleports, Crafting Guild, Tele to POH, POH Portals, Other Teleports, Spellbook, Features|
|Examine||The cape worn by only the most experienced players.|
The max cape is a cape available to players who have attained level 99 in all 23 skills. It is sold by Mac for 2,277,000 coins (99,000 for each of the 23 skills). Mac is located on an island west of the Warriors' Guild, beyond the ladder that leads to Cyclops. To reach him, the player needs a pickaxe and an axe, as well as level 99 in Agility, Crafting, Construction, Defence, Mining, and Woodcutting.
The minimum total level a player needs for the max cape is 2,277, the minimum amount of experience required being 299,791,913. When purchased, it comes along with a corresponding hood. Its stats are equivalent to a trimmed skillcape. It inherits all skillcape perks from other skillcapes. Like the ranging cape, a Vorkath's head can be used on the cape to increase its ammo-saving effects to match that of Ava's assembler. If you have already used a Vorkath's head on a ranging cape prior to obtaining a max cape you do not need to use another on the max cape.
Mac will purchase excess max capes for 1,821,600 coins. This can only be done if the player has both the hood and cape in their inventory. Other max cape variants can be refunded in the same manner.
This item can be stored in the cape rack of a costume room, as part of the Max cape set, along with the hood. Ultimate Ironmen will be unable to retrieve individual pieces until the full set is stored.
As of 3 June 2022, there are 26,068 current members that have achieved level 99 in all skills.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Players can use the max cape on certain cape items, which will change the stats of the max cape to those of the item it is combined with. This will remove all skillcape perks that the max cape provides, effectively being a cosmetic upgrade to the item it is used on; for example, the infernal max cape has stats identical to infernal cape (with the exception of a lower weight and higher value) without providing any teleports or perks. Creating a max cape variant requires the max cape, max hood, and the original item in the player's inventory. Any max cape variants sold back to Mac will only return the max cape and hood; the other item used to create the max cape variant will not be returned.
The items that can be combined are as follows:
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|3 March 2021
All variants of the max cape are now considered a warm item at Wintertodt.
|6 June 2019
All variants of the max cape now yield 569,250 coins (previously 11,880) if lost above level 20 Wilderness; this also applies to broken variants.
|10 January 2019
|26 April 2018
A teleport to Otto's Grotto was added, and the "Fishing Guild" option when equipped was renamed to "Fishing Teleports".
|3 December 2015
(update | poll)
The Max cape now provides all skill cape perks; the "Teleports" and "Features" options were added.
|22 October 2015
The item's value was decreased from 2,277,000 to 99,000.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When a player buys a max cape, the Wise Old Man, Hans, the Gielinor Guide, and Bob the Cat will congratulate the player via magic:
- Wise Old Man: Hello?
- Player: Huh, who's there?
- Wise Old Man: It's Dionysius here. I'm using my magic to communicate to you. Don't worry.
- Player: What are you doing in my head?
- Wise Old Man: I just wanted to say congratulations <player name>. I've been watching you in your adventures - very well done.
- Hans: Oh very well done <player name>. Taken you a while, but I knew you could do it.
- Gielinor Guide: Ahhh <player name>, I knew you had potential when I first met you. My compliments on reaching the pinnacle of your achievements.
- (If Dragon Slayer II has not been completed):
- Bob the Cat: Meow!
- (Alternatively, if the player is wearing a Catspeak amulet):
- Bob the Cat: Oh most excellently done old chap!
- If a player attempts to purchase a max cape before reaching level 99 in all skills, Mac will say "None of yer bis'ness." when asked what is in his sack.
- If any item is used with max cape that would normally produce the "Nothing interesting happens." message, it says "That doesn't seem to do what you want it to." instead.
- Despite being a Members object, it can be used to enter the Crafting Guild on Free-to-play worlds in place of a brown apron.
References[edit | edit source]
- Note: The Strength requirement for the boulder mentioned is not a true requirement as the player can simply walk around it.
Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 2 June 2020. (Archived from the original on 6 June 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Just to be clear, it's a total of seven 99s, Agility, Crafting, Construction, Defence, Mining, Strength, Woodcutting?] Yes, it's checking those."
|Capes of Accomplishment|