|Released||15 October 2015 (Update)|
|Examine||The cape worn by only the most experienced players.|
|Weight||Inventory: 0.4 kg|
Equipped: -4 kg
The max cape is a cape available to players who have attained level 99 in all 23 skills. It is sold by Mac for 2,277,000 coins (a sum of 99,000 for all 23 skills). Mac is located on an island west of the Warriors' Guild, beyond the ladder that leads to Cyclops. To reach him, the player needs a pickaxe and an axe, as well as level 99 in Agility, Crafting, Construction, Defence, Mining, and Woodcutting.
The minimum total level a player needs for the max cape is 2,277, the minimum amount of experience required being 299,791,913. When purchased, it comes along with a corresponding hood. Its stats are equivalent to a trimmed skillcape. It inherits all skillcape perks from other skillcapes. Like the ranging cape, a Vorkath's head can be used on the cape to increase its ammo-saving effects to match that of Ava's assembler.
Mac will purchase excess max capes for 1,821,600 coins. This can only be done if the player has both the hood and cape in their inventory. Other max cape variants can be refunded in the same manner.
When the max cape is equipped, it will act as a substitute to the graceful cape, granting the same -4 kg in weight reduction and 3% increased natural run energy restoration; as a substitute, it will also grant the graceful outfit's set effect when worn with the other five Graceful pieces.
As of 1 July 2020, there are 12,018 current members that have achieved level 99 in all skills.
The max cape's emote shows the icons for all 23 skills flying above the character's head, and a bar graph stylized like the stats interface icon, with the player floating over it.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Due to game engine limitations, the max cape's colours cannot be changed freely like in RuneScape 3. However, there are several variants of the max cape that are of different colours than the default appearance.
Players can use the max cape on certain cape items, which will change the stats of the max cape to those of the item it is combined with. Note that unlike the regular max cape, all other max cape variants do not provide the usual skill cape perks, -4.0kg weight, +3% run energy restoration rate, or the additional +10% run energy Graceful set effect (normally provided when worn alongside the five other Graceful equipment) when equipped. Creating a max cape variant requires the max cape, max hood, and the original item in the player's inventory. Any max cape variants sold back to Mac will only return the max cape and hood; the other item used to create the max cape variant will not be returned.
The items that can be combined are as follows:
Changes[edit | edit source]
|6 June 2019
|All variants of the max cape now yield 569,250 coins (previously 11,880) if lost above level 20 Wilderness; this also applies to broken variants.|
|3 December 2015
(update | poll)
|The Max cape now provides all skill cape perks.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When a player buys a max cape, the Wise Old Man, Hans, the RuneScape Guide, and Bob the Cat will congratulate the player via magic:
- Wise Old Man: Hello?
- Player: Huh, who's there?
- Wise Old Man: It's Dionysius here. I'm using my magic to communicate to you. Don't worry.
- Player: What are you doing in my head?
- Wise Old Man: I just wanted to say congratulations <player name>. I've been watching you in your adventures - very well done.
- Hans: Oh very well done <player name>. Taken you a while, but I knew you could do it.
- RuneScape Guide: Ahhh <player name>, I knew you had potential when I first met you. My compliments on reaching the pinnacle of your achievements.
- (If Dragon Slayer II has not been completed):
- Bob the Cat: Meow!
- (Alternatively, if the player is wearing a Catspeak amulet):
- Bob the Cat: Oh most excellently done old chap!
- If a player attempts to purchase a max cape before reaching level 99 in all skills, Mac will say "None of yer bis'ness." when asked what's in his sack.
- Even though the max cape acts as a Firemaking cape, it does not count as warm clothing for the Wintertodt, but the fire and infernal max cape do.
References[edit | edit source]
- Note: The Strength requirement for the boulder mentioned is not a true requirement as the player can simply walk around it.
Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 2 June 2020. (Archived from the original on 6 June 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Just to be clear, it's a total of seven 99s, Agility, Crafting, Construction, Defence, Mining, Strength, Woodcutting?] Yes, it's checking those."
|Capes of Accomplishment|