For a list of all items and upgrades within the Construction skill, see Construction/All milestones.
The Menagerie in a player-owned house is a room where pets can be stored, and various features to play with pets.
There are two versions of this room, an indoor and outdoor version; both of which can be created with 37 Construction and 30,000 coins. However, you can only have one menagerie at a time. At no cost players may switch to indoor or outdoor menageries. To do this, simply attempt to build the opposite menagerie as a new room. The contents of your current menagerie will be moved while swapping the indoor/outdoor style.
A player with an outdoor menagerie built.
There are 6 different hotspots available:
- Scratching post - From time to time, a cat in a player-owned house will use this post to scratch on as well a selection of other pets while stored in a Pet House.
- Pet feeder - You can use this to feed your pets if they are hungry.
- Pet house - You can store your pets here.
- Habitat - You can make scenery in this room for your pets to live in. This can only be made in an outdoor menagerie.
- Arena - You can have your pets battle here.
- Pet list - Shows currently owned pets stored in your house.
Pet houses are constructed in upgrades: before a higher level pet house can be built, you must first build the one before it.
||4 oak planks
||Oak house, 4 teak planks
||Teak house, 4 mahogany planks
||Mahogany house, 4 mahogany planks, 1 magic stone
||Consecrated house, 1 mahogany plank, 1 limestone brick
||Desecrated house, 1 mahogany plank, 2 buckets of water, 3 supercompost
Habitat (Outdoor Menagerie only)[edit | edit source]
||1 bagged dead tree, 2 compost, Watering can (filled)
||1 bagged nice tree, 3 compost, Watering can (filled)
||1 bagged plant 1, 5 buckets of sand, Watering can (filled)
||3 oak planks, 2000 water runes, 5 ice coolers
||5 granite (5 kg), 100 lava runes
The arena serves as a way to have your pets "let off steam" by fighting each other. To use, simply use the desired pets on the arena. When two pets are placed inside, they will attack each other. This is simply for spectating as the pets placed inside can never kill each other.