The Old School RuneScape Wiki defaults to the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, etc. This may be changed by clicking the moon icon at the top right of the site.
Merlin can be found on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of Camelot in his workshop, accessed via stairs in the entry room. Note that his (yellow) minimap icon does not show up until you are in his workshop. If the player has not completed the Merlin's Crystal quest, he will be imprisoned within a block-shaped crystal on the top floor of the south-east tower.
After successful completion of the Camelot training room, a player can speak to Merlin in order to change spawning point to Camelot instead of Falador or Lumbridge.
- Merlin, of course, was based off the real thing.
- Before completing Merlin's Crystal, the door to his room in Camelot cannot be opened.
- After freeing Merlin from the Giant Crystal, he will be located in his room on the first floor, but a NPC indicator may not be shown on the minimap. Opening the door to his room will create the instance and cause him to spawn inside.
- When changing your respawn point to Camelot, Merlin's statement that you "have chosen...sensibly" is a reference to a scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in which characters choose which cups they think are the Holy Grail.
- Throughout the Knights of the Round Table quest series, Merlin's appearance is inconsistent. While trapped in the crystal during "Merlin's Crystal," he appears to be wearing basic blue wizard robes and a grey wizard hat, and has a white beard. Immediately after freeing him, his robes change to a more textured blue, and both his robes and hat are unique in shape (as seen in the image on this page), and he has a grey beard. When starting the "Holy Grail" quest, Merlin is again wearing the basic blue wizard robes, but this time with a blue wizard hat, with his white beard again.