Merlin's Crystal/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to King Arthur in Camelot.|
|Description||The wizard Merlin has been trapped in a magical crystal by the witch Morgan Le Faye. So far, King Arthur hasn't been able to figure out how to free his mentor from his crystal prison. Can you help?|
Must be able to defeat a level 39 enemy.
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Bring all required items for the quest with you.
- Talk to King Arthur.
- Talk to Sir Gawain, who can be found in the courtyard to the south or nearby in the castle.
- Talk to Sir Lancelot upstairs.
- Go to Catherby.
- If you didn't bring a bucket of wax, grab insect repellent in the house north of the bank in Catherby.
- Use the insect repellent on one of the beehives to the west with an empty bucket (a bucket can be found near the beehives) in your inventory to get a bucket of wax.
- Talk to the general store merchant Arhein.
- Hide in the crate north of the candle maker's shop. Wait. Climb out of the crate.
Inside the keep[edit | edit source]
- Climb to the top floor. The Renegade Knights will attack you on your way up.
- Attack Sir Mordred. He cannot be safespotted, but he can be flinched using the stairs (position him on the square left of the stairs whilst flinching from the square north east of him).
- When Sir Mordred reaches 0 hitpoints, Morgan Le Faye will appear and ask that you spare him. Spare his life to discover how to save Merlin.
**DO NOT INTERRUPT THE DIALOGUE, OR YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT SIR MORDRED AGAIN.**
- If you don't already have bat bones, exit the keep through the west doors and kill a bat before leaving.
Black candle[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the candle-maker in Catherby.
- Talk to him again for a black candle.
Excalibur[edit | edit source]
Ritual[edit | edit source]
- Go to the Zamorakian temple in the south-east corner of Varrock.
- Check the chaos altar's inscription.
- Return to Camelot with a tinderbox and enter the castle gates.
- Go to the ritual site at the north-east corner of the Camelot castle courtyard (a red star in the middle of 8 columns).
- Stand on the star and light the black candle.
- Drop the bat bones on the star.
- The magic words are "Snarthon Candtrick Termanto".
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Enter the castle and climb to the top of the south-east tower.
- Smash the giant crystal with Excalibur. (Does not require 20 Attack, just use Excalibur on the crystal instead of attempting to wield it)
- Talk to King Arthur.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 6 Quest points
- Completing this quest awards the player with 5 Kudos which can be claimed by talking to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum.