Merlin's Crystal/Quick guide
|Merlin's Crystal (#21)|
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to King Arthur in Camelot.|
|Description||The wizard Merlin has been trapped in a magical crystal by the witch Morgan Le Faye. So far, King Arthur hasn't been able to figure out how to free his mentor from his crystal prison. Can you help?|
|Official length||Medium-Long (Under 10 minutes with teleports)|
Must be able to defeat a level 39 enemy.
|Enemies to defeat||
Sir Mordred (level 39)Giant bat (level 27) (optional, to aquire bat bones)
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
- Talk to King Arthur in the Camelot Castle.
- Talk to Sir Gawain in the courtyard or nearby in the castle.
- Talk to Sir Lancelot upstairs.
- Go to Catherby. (If you didn't bring a bucket of wax, grab insect repellent in the house north of Catherby bank.)
- Hide in the crate north of the candle maker's shop. Wait. Climb out of the crate.
Inside the keep[edit | edit source]
- Climb to the top floor. (The Renegade Knights will attack you on your way up.)
- Attack Sir Mordred.
- When Sir Mordred reaches 0 hitpoints, Morgan Le Faye will appear and ask that you spare him. Spare his life to discover how to save Merlin.
- Go down the stairs, exit the keep through the west doors. (Kill a giant bat if you don't already have bat bones.)
- If you didn't bring a bucket of wax, walk north to the Beehives (southeast of the Seers' Village). Take the bucket near the east fence. Use insect repellent on a beehive, then fill the bucket with wax.
Black candle[edit | edit source]
Excalibur[edit | edit source]
Ritual[edit | edit source]
- Go to the Zamorakian temple in south-east Varrock.
- (optional) Use a Varrock teleport method. (see above)
- Check the chaos altar to learn the inscription.
- Return to Camelot and enter the castle gates.
- (optional) Use a Camelot teleport method. (see above)
- Go to the ritual site at the north-east side of the Camelot Castle courtyard (a red star in the middle of 8 columns).
- Stand on the star and light the black candle with a tinderbox.
- Drop the bat bones on the star.
- The magic words are "Snarthon Candtrick Termanto".
Finishing up[edit | edit source]