Merlin's Crystal/Quick guide
|Merlin's Crystal (#21)|
|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to King Arthur in Camelot.|
|Description||The wizard Merlin has been trapped in a magical crystal by the witch Morgan Le Faye. So far, King Arthur hasn't been able to figure out how to free his mentor from his crystal prison. Can you help?|
|Official length||Medium-Long (Under 15 minutes with teleports)|
Must be able to defeat a level 39 enemy.
|Enemies to defeat||Sir Mordred (Level 39)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
- Talk to King Arthur.
- Talk to Sir Gawain, who can be found in the courtyard to the south or nearby in the castle.
- Talk to Sir Lancelot upstairs.
- Go to Catherby. If you didn't bring a bucket of wax, grab insect repellent in the house north of the bank.
- Hide in the crate north of the candle maker's shop. Wait. Climb out of the crate.
Inside the keep[edit | edit source]
- Climb to the top floor. The Renegade Knights will attack you on your way up.
- Attack Sir Mordred.
- When Sir Mordred reaches 0 hitpoints, Morgan Le Faye will appear and ask that you spare him. Spare his life to discover how to save Merlin.
- Exit the keep through the west doors. Kill a bat if you don't already have bat bones.
- If you didn't bring a bucket of wax, walk north to the Beehives (southeast of the Seers' Village). Take the bucket near the east fence. Use insect repellent on a beehive, then fill the bucket with wax.
Black candle[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the candle-maker in Catherby.
- Talk to him again for a black candle.
Excalibur[edit | edit source]
- Talk to The Lady of the Lake south-east of Taverley on the peninsula.
- Get a loaf of bread.
- Go to Port Sarim
- Enter the jewellery store to the north.
- Give the beggar your bread.
Ritual[edit | edit source]
- Go to the Zamorakian temple in south-east Varrock.
- Check the chaos altar's inscription.
- Return to Camelot with a tinderbox and enter the castle gates.
- Go to the ritual site at the north-east side of the camelot castle courtyard (a red star in the middle of 8 columns).
- Stand on the star and light the black candle.
- Drop the bat bones on the star.
- The magic words are "Snarthon Candtrick Termanto".
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Enter the castle and climb to the top of the south-east tower.
- Smash the giant crystal with Excalibur. (Does Not Require 20 attack, Just use Excalibur on the Crystal)
- Talk to King Arthur.