Merlin's Crystal/Quick guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to King Arthur in Camelot.|
|Description||The wizard Merlin has been trapped in a magical crystal by the witch Morgan Le Faye. So far, King Arthur hasn't been able to figure out how to free his mentor from his crystal prison. Can you help?|
|Requirements||Must be able to defeat a level 39 enemy.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
Bring all required items for the quest with you.
- Talk to King Arthur.
- Talk to Sir Gawain, who can be found in the courtyard to the south or nearby in the castle.
- Talk to Sir Lancelot upstairs.
- Go to Catherby.
- If you didn't bring a bucket of wax, grab insect repellent in the house north of the bank in Catherby.
- Use the insect repellent on one of the beehives to the west with an empty bucket (a bucket can be found near the beehives) in your inventory to get a bucket of wax.
- Hide in the crate north of the candle maker's shop. Wait and finish the cutscene. Climb out of the crate.
Inside the keep[edit | edit source]
- Climb to the top floor. The Renegade Knights will attack you on your way up.
- Attack Sir Mordred. He cannot be safespotted, but he can be flinched using the stairs (position him on the square left of the stairs whilst flinching from the square north-east of him). He can also be killed with rings of recoils or by another account poisoning and attacking right before his death.
- When Sir Mordred reaches 0 hitpoints, Morgan Le Faye will appear and ask that you spare him. Spare his life to discover how to save Merlin. Warning: Do not interrupt the dialogue or you will have to fight Sir Mordred again.
- If you don't already have bat bones, exit the keep through the west doors and kill a bat before leaving.
- Can be recoiled down after dealing a 0 and not splashing Magic.
Black candle[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the candle-maker in Catherby.
- Talk to him again for a black candle.
Excalibur[edit | edit source]
Ritual[edit | edit source]
- Go to the Zamorakian temple in the south-east corner of Varrock.
- Check the Chaos Altar's inscription.
- Return to Camelot with a tinderbox and enter the castle gates.
- Go to the ritual site at the north-east corner of the Camelot castle grounds (a red star in the middle of 8 columns).
- Stand on the star and light the black candle.
- Drop the bat bones on the star.
- The magic words are "Snarthon Candtrick Termanto".
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Enter the castle and climb to the top of the south-east tower.
- Smash the giant crystal with Excalibur. (Does not require 20 Attack, just use Excalibur on the crystal instead of attempting to wield it)
- Talk to King Arthur.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 6 Quest points
- Excalibur (Required for Holy Grail quest.)
- Completing this quest awards the player with 5 Kudos which can be claimed by talking to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum.