Miners are NPCs that are located throughout the Motherlode Mine. Eleven are found throughout the mine, and their appearance and examine text varies from dwarf to dwarf.
They are able to deplete ore veins.
- When you examine a miner to the north-east inside Motherlode Mine, it will say: "Secretly, he'd like to save princesses and eat mushrooms", which is a reference to the popular Nintendo game Super Mario Bros.
- The examine text "He could have been a great ballet dancer if they'd let him try..." is likely a reference to the famous British movie Billy Elliot.
- When you examine one of the miners on the upper level, it says "M C Pickaxe in da house!" which is most likely a reference to the popular rap artist MC Hammer.
- When you examine some miners, it will say: "Professional miners don't actually whistle while they work". This is a reference to the song "Heigh Ho - Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, in which the seven dwarf characters whistle and sing while mining.
- When a miner is struck by a rockfall he will scream "Ow!", but will take no damage.
- Despite appearing to mine ore veins in the Motherlode Mine, miners will not consume the vein like a player does.