Miners are NPCs that are located throughout the Motherlode Mine. Eleven are found throughout the mine, and their appearance and examine text varies from dwarf to dwarf.
- When you examine a miner to the north-east inside Motherlode Mine, it will say: "Secretly, he'd like to save princesses and eat mushrooms", which is a reference to the popular Nintendo game Super Mario Bros.
- The examine text "He could have been a great ballet dancer if they'd let him try..." is likely a reference to the famous British movie Billy Elliot.
- When you examine one of the miners on the upper level, it says "M C Pickaxe in da house!" which is most likely a reference to the popular rap artist MC Hammer.
- When you examine some miners, it will say: "Professional miners don't actually whistle while they work". This is a reference to the song "Heigh Ho - Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, in which the seven dwarf characters whistle and sing while mining.
- When a miner is struck by a rockfall he will scream "Ow!", but will take no damage.
- Despite appearing to mine ore veins in the Motherlode Mine, miners will not consume the vein like a player does.