|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||This needs refining.|
|High alch||97 coins|
|Low alch||64 coins|
|Exchange||116 coins (info)|
Mithril ore is a type of ore that can be obtained through the Mining skill in various places throughout RuneScape. See the mithril rocks article for details regarding locations for mining mithril ore. It can be smelted with 4 heaps of coal through the Smithing skill at level 50 to form a mithril bar, which can then be smithed into various types of weapons and armour.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Mithril ore can be found in different mining sites around RuneScape such as:
- Al Kharid mine - 2 rocks
- Edgeville Dungeon mine - 1 rock
- Port Khazard mine - 2 rocks
- Fight Arena mine - 2 rocks
- Resource Area - 1 rock
- Dwarven Mine - 2 rocks
- Grand Tree mine (after The Grand Tree quest) - 4 rocks
- West Lumbridge Swamp mine - 5 rocks
- Mining Guild - 5 rocks
- Mining Guild (members area) - 10 rocks
- Heroes' Guild (after Heroes' Quest) - 2 rocks
- Crandor - 8 rocks
- Keldagrim entrance mine - 2 rocks
- Hobgoblin Mine (level 30 Wilderness) - 19 rocks
- Jatizso mine - 16 rocks
- Ancient Cavern - 14 rocks
- Desert Mining Camp - 5 rocks
- Evil Chicken's Lair (after Freeing Sir Amik Varze) - 2 rocks
- Karamja Jungle mine - 2 rocks
- Pirates' Hideout mine (level 53 Wilderness) - 4 rocks
- North of Museum Camp - 3 rocks
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Ankou Level 98||98||3–7 (noted)||2/95|
|Barrel (Viyeldi caves)||N/A||1 (noted)||Rare|
|Brutal green dragon||227||5 (noted)||3/128|
|Chambers of Xeric||N/A||1–2,892 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Dagannoth Rex||303||25 (noted)||10/128|
|Earth impling jar||N/A||1–3||Common|
|Green dragon Level 88||88||2 (noted)||3/128|
|Ice giant||53; 67||1||1/128|
|Ice giant||53; 67||3 (noted)||1/128|
|Screaming twisted banshee||144||1||1/128|
|Sulphur Lizard||50||3–5 (noted)||1/128|
|Supply crate||N/A||3–5 (noted)||Varies|
|TzHaar-Hur-Rin's Ore and Gem Store||75; 82||1||Unknown|
Other ways of obtaining[edit | edit source]
- Its noted form can sometimes be found inside barrels.
- At 55 Mining, it can be obtained at Motherlode Mine from mining and cleaning pay-dirt.
- Ordan sells mithril ore starting at 243 coins, but it may be cheaper to buy from other players instead.
Respawn rate[edit | edit source]
|“||Spawn rates of pretty much everything in Old School will now be consistent throughout all worlds...[and] resources and monsters now spawn at a standardised rate throughout all worlds regardless of how many people are currently online.||”|
— Mods Alfred, Ash, John C, Mat K, Reach, Ronan & Weath
That means mithril ore spawns at a standardised spawn rate, which is 2 minutes after it was last mined, no matter how many players are on a world. Whether it's zero or 2000 players in a single server, all ore across the game will respawn at the same rate.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Hendor's Awesome Ores||Mining Guild||0||162||113|
|TzHaar-Hur-Rin's Ore and Gem Store (Karamja gloves)||Mor Ul Rek||4||210||56|
|TzHaar-Hur-Lek's Ore and Gem Store (Karamja gloves)||Mor Ul Rek||0||210||56|
|TzHaar-Hur-Lek's Ore and Gem Store||Mor Ul Rek||0||243||24|
|Ore seller.||Blast Furnace in Keldagrim||100||243||64|
|TzHaar-Hur-Rin's Ore and Gem Store||Mor Ul Rek||4||243||24|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When RuneScape was first released, smelting mithril bars required level 55 Smithing. Jagex later redefined the Smithing table such that smelting mithril bars only required level 50 Smithing. This may have been because although mithril requires 55 Mining to mine, getting 55 Mining is much easier than getting 55 Smithing, and as such it would make sense that the requirement to smith it was lower.
- The metal Mithril features in many fantasy worlds, sometimes spelled mithral. It is found in both the novel and film series The Lord of the Rings, where it is white, as well as Dungeons and Dragons, Final Fantasy, in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and World of Warcraft.
- Although dangerous, Crandor is also a very good place to mine mithril. Players may only return there after completing the Dragon Slayer quest, and dangerous creatures such as King Scorpions and Lesser demons inhabit it. Consequently, there is little competition over the eight mithril rocks and the ten coal rocks there.
- Mithril ore weighs less than other smithing ores, weighing only 1.814kg rather than the usual 2.267kg. It along with adamantite ore do not follow this trend.
|Mining rocks and sources|