|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||A rocky outcrop.|
A mithril rock, also called mithrite, is a rock that can be mined through the Mining skill to obtain mithril ore in various places throughout RuneScape. Mithril rocks can be mined with a Mining level of 55 or higher, granting 80 Mining experience and one mithril ore.
Hobgoblin Mine in level 30-35 Wilderness contains the greatest amount of mithril rocks. It also has several adamantite rocks, but like all Wilderness locations, player killers are always on the prowl, so take necessary precautions, and never bring anything you can't afford losing.
Wearing either superior mining gloves or expert mining gloves while mining a mithril rock grants a 25% chance for the rock to not deplete upon mining a mithril ore, allowing you to mine an additional ore before depleting.
Mining Info[edit | edit source]
|Mining XP||80 xp|
|Respawn time||2 minutes|
Pre roll drops[edit | edit source]
A gem table rolls before the main drop table. There's a chance to receive nothing here so that players can receive no items from a rock even if they are guaranteed to receive an ore in the main drop table. The table gets more likely to be rolled if the player has a glory amulet equipped: the probability grows from 1/256 to 1/86.
|Nothing||N/A||70/32,768; 70/11,008[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||32/32,768; 32/11,008[d 1]||375||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||16/32,768; 16/11,008[d 1]||548||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||8/32,768; 8/11,008[d 1]||1,176||60|
|Uncut diamond||1||2/32,768; 2/11,008[d 1]||2,705||120|
- The drop rate is increased while wearing a amulet of glory
Main drops[edit | edit source]
The probability for a player to receive a mithril ore drop depends on the player's mining level. The rock will deplete after receiving the mithril ore, unless affected by the effect of superior or expert mining gloves.
Conditional drops[edit | edit source]
The following table shows items that can be received in addition to the main resource.
|Clue geode (beginner)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (easy)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (medium)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal shard||1||1/127[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Unidentified minerals||1||1/40[d 2]||Not sold||30|
|Rock golem||1||Very rare||Not sold||N/A|
- Only dropped by Prifddinas versions.
- Unidentified minerals can only be obtained while in the Mining Guild.
Locations[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Postbag 41 - "Anarchy in the KGP", 4. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 11 February 2020. (Archived from the original on 27 November 2020.) Mod Ash: "It adds a gem roll before each ore roll, and if you receive a gem you don't get the ore roll."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 July 2020. (Archived from the original on 27 November 2020.) Mod Ash: "Yes, [the mining gem table has] got [...] chance of giving no gem."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 Feb 2017. (Archived from the original on 18 Jun 2019.) Mod Ash: "[the actual increase when wearing the Amulet of Glory while mining is] 1/86 rather than 1/256 for a gem."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 April 2020. (Archived from the original on 15 April 2019.) Mod Ash: "I believe that's 1/127 from any type of ore. And it looks like the Varrock bonus would give you a second shard roll if you got a second ore."
- Mod Ed. "Mining Guild Expansion." 22 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 15:02, 20 May 2021 (UTC).) Old School Announcements Forums.
|Mining rocks and sources|