Farming ranarr weed
|Profit per instance|
|194,352 per instance|
|Minimum recurrence time|
|1,943,520 per hour|
|Skill requirements||Quest requirements|
|Item requirements||Other requirements|
Tool leprechaun with a seed dibber, a spade, a rake, and some Ultracompost|
Elite Morytania Diary if using the Harmony Island herb patch (optional)
| 1,477 - 2,659 |
Using Fertile Soil: 435 - 783
|Port Phasmatys, Falador, Catherby, Trollheim, Ardougne, Harmony Island, Hosidius, Weiss and Farming Guild herb patches|
|Inputs (274,928)||Outputs (469,280)|
|8 × Ranarr seed (269,056)8 × Ultracompost (5,872)||70 × Grimy ranarr weed (469,280)|
This guide assumes 8.8 herbs from each patch, thus 70 (70.4) herbs. Your profit per hour may vary depending on the survival rate. This also assumes you can access all the patches except the one in Harmony Island
Farming grimy ranarr weed can be a very profitable way to spend a few minutes at a time. Magic secateurs help increase profits slightly due to the 10% boost to crop yield. Generally, good harvests yield 6-15 herbs, but the norm is six to ten herbs per patch, so players can expect an average of 8.8 herbs each patch.
Players should have 5-9 ranarr seeds, some runes, and a means of teleportation. Then, players can start their herb run at any herb patch withdrawing any additional supplies needed from the tool leprechaun. If players have access to the Lunar Spellbook from Lunar Diplomacy, Fertile Soil (83 Magic) can be used in lieu of Ultracompost, but it will make the profit per patch 19,503, thus 156,024 total. Also, Spellbook Swap can be used to access the standard spellbook and Trollheim Teleport, but it requires 96 Magic and Dream Mentor.
Players can increase their profits:
- If they attune an Amulet of Nature to one of their herb patches, and keep it with them while doing other tasks around the game, so that they can check frequently whether their crops are fully grown
- If they use the Geomancy spell that can monitor the health of their patches and tell them when their patches are fully grown
- If they plant Anima plants (76 Farming, boostable), like Iasor, Kronos, or Attas, which decrease the rate of disease, decrease the amount of time it takes for crops to grow, or increase the yield of their crops, respectively
Players who have completed Dream Mentor, have 83 Magic (boost possible), and who have read the Ash covered tome (Volcanic Mine minigame) may use Fertile Soil instead of Ultracompost. This makes inventory management somewhat easier, however, 1 cast of Fertile Soil costs 497 at current prices, while Ultracompost costs 734 each at current prices. Considering that player can reduce their run times marginally with more inventory spaces freed up by only needing to use 3 inventory slots (a Rune Pouch, a slot for Staff of Earth/Magic Secateurs, and a slot for Volcanic ash), as opposed to 5-9 slots for each Ultracompost, the additional cost using Fertile Soil might still increase profits if run time can be reduced enough, considering that herb runs are very profitable in general. Players need only use 2 inventory slots if they opt to not bring a Staff of Earth, and instead fill their Rune Pouches with Earth Runes. This increases the cost of 1 Fertile Soil cast to 557.
Alternatively, players may use a Bottomless compost bucket to make inventory management easier.
After planting, a player can move onto the next patch in any order. An example of a herb run is provided below.
- Use the Camelot Teleport and run east to the Catherby herb patch, or use the Catherby Teleport and run north to the patch.
- Cast Ardougne Teleport and run north-east, or use the Ardougne cloak teleport to get to the patch instantly.
- Empty the Ectophial to Port Phasmatys and run west of the undead farm to the patch.
- Cast Trollheim Teleport and use the Agility shortcuts to the west continuing downhill and through an area filled with aggressive trolls and into Troll Stronghold. Run south through the stronghold and to a door in the south-west, and then go north to a ladder. Climb it to get to the patch. Alternatively, use a stony basalt to be teleported next to the shortcut up to the farming patch (requires completion of Making Friends with My Arm.)
- Use the cabbage Teleport option on the Explorer's ring to teleport to the patch south of Falador.
- Teleport to the Hosidius patch with Xeric's Talisman to Xeric's Glade, Tithe Farm minigame teleport, or skills necklace to woodcutting guild.
- Teleport to Weiss patch with Icy basalt.
- Teleport to Farming guild patch via the Farming cape teleport, Skills necklace or Fancy jewellery box in POH.
- If you have the Morytania Elite Diary, cast Harmony Island Teleport and run south to the patch.
All prices on this page are cached, meaning they may be out of date.
To force a new cache of this page, click this link.
If a money making method is out of date, you can edit it or leave a message on the talk page.