|Profit per instance|
|173,112 per instance|
|Minimum recurrence time|
|1,731,120 per hour|
|Skill requirements||Quest requirements|
|Item requirements||Other requirements|
||Tool leprechaun with a seed dibber, a spade, a rake, and some ultracompost|
|15,964||Port Phasmatys, Falador, Catherby, Trollheim, Ardougne, Harmony Island, Hosidius, Weiss and Farming Guild herb patches|
|Inputs (238,008)||Outputs (411,120)|
|8 × Torstol seed (233,104)8 × Ultracompost (4,904)||72 × Grimy torstol (411,120)|
Farming grimy torstol can be a very profitable way to spend a few minutes at a time. Magic secateurs help increase profits slightly due to the 10% boost to crop yield. Generally, good harvests yield 5-14 herbs, but the norm is five to eight herbs per patch, so players can expect an average of 6.5 herbs each patch. There is also a 10% chance herbs will succumb to disease and die.
Completing Kandarin Diary is very useful, since it increases herb yield on the Catherby herb patch: +5%, +10%, +15% for Medium, Hard and Elite respectively. Completing Kourend & Kebos Diary increases Hosidius and Farming guild herb patch yield +5% and +10% for Hard and Elite diaries respectively. Having both elite diaries completed, player should be getting 2-3 additional herbs per Farming trip. Having an Attas seed planted in the anima patch at the farming guild further increases herb yield, but it is yet unknown by how much.
Players should have eight torstol seeds, some runes, and means of teleportation. Then, players can start their herb run at any herb patch, withdrawing any additional supplies needed from the tool leprechaun. If players have access to the Lunar Spellbook from Lunar Diplomacy, Fertile Soil (83 Magic) can be used in lieu of ultracompost, but it will make the profit per patch 21,701, thus 173,608 total. Also, Spellbook Swap can be used to access the standard spellbook and Trollheim Teleport, but requires 96 Magic and Dream Mentor.
After planting, a player can move onto the next patch in any order. An example of a herb run is provided below.
- Use the Camelot Teleport and run east to the Catherby herb patch, or use the Catherby Teleport and run north to the patch.
- Cast Ardougne Teleport and run north-east, or use the Ardougne cloak teleport to get to the patch instantly.
- Empty the Ectophial to Port Phasmatys and run west of the undead farm to the patch.
- Cast Trollheim Teleport and use the Agility shortcuts to the west continuing downhill and through an area filled with aggressive trolls and into Troll Stronghold. Run south through the stronghold and to a door in the south-west, and then go north to a ladder. Climb it to get to the patch. Alternatively, use a stony basalt to be teleported next to the shortcut up to the farming patch (requires completion of Making Friends with My Arm.
- Use the cabbage port option on the Explorer's ring to teleport to the patch south of Falador.
- Teleport to the Hosidius patch with Xeric's Talisman to Xeric's Glade, Tithe Farm minigame teleport, or skills necklace to woodcutting guild.
- Teleport to Weiss patch with Icy basalt.
- Teleport to Farming guild patch via Skills necklace or Fancy jewellery box in POH.
It is strongly recommended to check the live prices on the Grand Exchange before making large investments in any method.
All prices on this page are cached, meaning it is possible that they appear out of date.
To force a new cache of this page, click this link.
If a money making method is out of date, you can edit it or leave a message on the talk page.