Monks are worshippers of Saradomin who live in monasteries, churches, and on the island of Entrana. Monks will heal a few of a player's Hitpoints if the player talks to them and asks them to do so.
Monks are useful for training on at lower combat levels, as players can talk to another monk and request healing. Monks will also heal themselves at random intervals in combat, resulting in more experience per kill. Because monks can survive small amounts of damage, it's possible for a defence pure to train on the same monk indefinitely.
- ↑ Medium keys are only dropped by monks in the Ardougne Monastery when completing a medium clue scroll asking you to kill one.
- It is possible to have a monk heal you after you kill him, as long as you begin a conversation after you have dealt the killing blow before he dies. Also, you can be healed while someone else is fighting the monk.
- Monks can heal themselves 2 HP instead of attacking you.
- Contrary to the popular belief, monks don't cure poison when they heal you.
- Monks heal 30% of your HP when asked to, using the Option "Talk-to". However, other players prefer to speak to Abbot Langley, even though he heals exactly the same amount of health.
- Male characters can look exactly like a monk by wearing monk robes and having a shaved head hairstyle along with brown boots from Yrsa's Shoe Store if they don't already have them.
- At one point, a hidden update gave players a small amount of Prayer experience for killing a monk. However, this was quickly reversed.
- Due to unknown reasons, it is now possible for one of the monks to refuse to heal you, despite that they would always automatically heal you in the past without even saying anything in response.