|Released||7 February 2006 (Update)|
|Also called||Mostly Harmless|
|Teleports||Mos le'harmless teleport|
|Music||Life's a Beach!|
|Location on World Map|
|Kharidian Desert||←||Mos Le'Harmless||→||Unknown|
Mos Le'Harmless is the quaint free port run mostly by pirates that players may visit after completion of the Cabin Fever quest. The isle has a few attractions, such as the Trouble Brewing minigame and the Mos Le'Harmless Caves, where cave horrors may be found.
Players must be carrying Book o' piracy in their inventory to understand what the inhabitants are saying and interact with them. Otherwise, the pirates and shopkeepers will respond with a fixed script of incomprehensible pirate slang.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
You must complete Cabin Fever to access the island.
- Talk to Bill Teach on the eastern boat in Port Phasmatys (fastest way here is the Ectophial).
- Use the charter ships to get there.
- Using the Minigame Group Finder to teleport to the Trouble Brewing area (requires 40 cooking).
- Teleport to Harmony Island and talk to brother Tranquility.
- Mos le'harmless teleport brings you to the northern gate.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
- Trouble Brewing — this mini game involves two teams making rum.
- Mos Le'Harmless Cave — These caves are full of Cave horrors, which are a Slayer target. A light source is required.
- Access to Harmony Island — Via Brother Tranquility by the docks.
- Clothes Store — this sells pirate gear. (trading requires carrying Book o' piracy)
- Jungle horrors can be a Slayer task.
- Cave horrors can be a Slayer task. Wearing a Witchwood icon is strongly recommended when fighting these.
- Agility shortcut — An Agility level of 60 and completion of the hard Morytania Diary is required for faster access to Mos Le'Harmless Cave.
- Although the Agility level required to traverse the shortcut is only 60, completion of the diary to unlock it requires using a level 71 shortcut, giving the shortcut a functional minimum Agility level requirement of 66 even with boosts.
- Teak/Mahogany trees can be accessed from the exit at the end of Mos Le'Harmless Cave.
Notable citizens[edit | edit source]
- Bill Teach
- Brother Tranquility
- Cavey Davey
- Honest Jimmy
- San Fan
- Fancy Dan
- Harpoon Joe
Charter ship[edit | edit source]
The charter ships also have a dock in the harbour in Mos Le'Harmless. It provides rides to several other locations. Since travel to and from Mos Le'Harmless requires Cabin Fever to be completed, the cost of all trips is already reduced by 50%. Wearing the ring of charos(a) can reduce the cost by an additional 50%.
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|24 March 2016
(update | poll)
Increased the density of jungle horror spawns.
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Mos Le'Harmless" alludes to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams, in which the guide's entry on planet earth is simply "Mostly Harmless".
- The name may also allude to the Mos Eisley spaceport from Star Wars, as during The Great Brain Robbery, the Player refers to it as a "hive of scum and villainy", echoing Obi-Wan Kenobi's assessment of the spaceport.
- Many of the pirates, mainly those who have had some physical injury, seem to bring up an albatross in their dialogue. This may be a reference to the poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.