Mountain Daughter/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Hamal the Chieftain in the Mountain Camp east of Rellekka. To get in, take the path north of the Golden Apple Tree and use a rope on the rock behind the guard (see below for more details).|
|Description||Ages ago, a small tribe of people split off from the Fremennik in Rellekka and decided to inhabit the mountains to the east of town. There they lived as nomads for many years, but now the chieftain of the camp has lost his daughter and will not move on before she has been found. Has she run away, has she been eaten by trolls, or is there something more sinister going on? Only you can find out.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Crisis[edit | edit source]
- Dig some mud from the mud pond south of Hamal's house.
- If you do not have a staff, go north of Hamal's house and take a pole. Keep this throughout the quest.
- Go north, following along the lake westward.
- Use the mud on the tall tree then climb it. You do *not* need to do this again for subsequent climbs.
- Use your pole or staff on the clump of rocks to pole vault over.
- Use your plank on the flat stones. Keep this throughout the quest.
- Listen to the shining pool.
- Use your plank on the flat stone to return to shore.
Making Peace[edit | edit source]
Note: Both tasks requested by Asleif (regarding Rellekka and finding a new food source) can be started at the same time. This reduces going back to the Mountain Camp multiple times.
- Talk to Hamal the Chieftain about the people of Rellekka.
- Search for Svidi between Rellekka and Keldagrim.
- Go to Rellekka and talk to Brundt the Chieftain in the longhall. or if Lunar Diplomacy started/completed.
- Return to the Mountain Camp, and enter the large tent south-west of Hamal the Chieftain.
- Use your pickaxe on the Ancient Rock located in the southern tent to get half a rock.
- Take this back to Rellekka, and talk to Brundt the Chieftain or if Lunar Diplomacy started/completed, who will give you the guarantee of safe passage.
- Take the guarantee to Svidi. You do not need to check on Svidi afterward.
- Return to Hamal the Chieftain.
The White Pearl[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Hamal the Chieftan again, this time about food supplies.
- Talk to Jokul just north of Hamal. He will tell you of a White Pearl plant that is very hardy.
- Travel to White Wolf Mountain (Keldagrim minecart system if The Giant Dwarf completed, or Gnome glider if The Grand Tree completed.)
- Equip gloves and pick-from the thorny bushes by the gnome glider.
- Eat the white pearl you picked to get the white pearl seed.
- Speak to Hamal the Chieftain to give him the white pearl seed.
The Kendal[edit | edit source]
Item required: Axe, Pole/Staff, Plank
Prepare to fight a level 70 creature that only uses melee.
- Speak to the shining pool again (remember to use the pole/staff and plank).
- Cross the gap back to shore without the plank, as this will put you closer to the cave.
- Follow the northern path east to a cave.
- Chop down the trees blocking your path (make sure you are facing east)
- Enter the cave
- Talk to The Kendal.
- Kill The Kendal. He can safespotted utilizing skeletons around the room.
- Take the corpse of woman
- Return to Hamal the Chieftain.
- Gather 5 muddy rocks from around the camp.
- Talk to Ragnar near the tall tree by the lake to get Asleif's necklace.
- Return to the shining pool and bury the corpse.
- Use the muddy rocks on the burial mound.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 2,000 Prayer experience
- 1,000 Attack experience
- The Bearhead
- The ability to pass into the Mountain Camp over the rockslide