A male player wearing full mourner gear.
Mourner gear is worn by mourners and is obtained as part of the Mourning's End Part I quest. This set of clothing is required in that quest and the subsequent quests Mourning's End Part II and Song of the Elves. The full set can be stored in an armour case in the costume room of a player-owned house.
The gear can be obtained by either:
- Killing a level 108 mourner under the Mourner's Headquarters.
- Players can reach this area by using the Dark Beasts teleport on a Slayer ring.
- The method used in Mourning's End Part I. Requires a bucket of water, a bear fur and 2 silk. There are 6 pieces in total.
- Kill a level 11 mourner at Arandar, west of the outpost, and pick up the mourner clothing and gas mask.
- Note: When you start the battle, the mourner will throw a potion at you that will reduce all of your combat stats including Hitpoints and Prayer to 20. The only teleport you will be able to cast is home teleport.
- Travel to Taverley and steal Tegid's soap from his laundry basket south-east of the circular building.
- With a bucket of water in your inventory, use the bar of soap on the bloody mourner top.
- With 2 silk and a bear fur, travel to Lletya and speak to Oronwen in the crafting shop, and ask if she can repair your trousers.
- After completion of Song of the Elves, the gear can be obtained by searching the chest in front of the burgundy-coloured bed under the Mourner's Headquarters.
During the battle with the mourner in Mourning's End Part I, the Mourner trousers will be torn and the mourner top stained with blood. These items obviously cannot be worn, and will require some repairing and cleaning. The top needs to be cleaned with soap, and a bucket of water. Soap can be obtained in Taverley, by stealing Tegid's soap. The trousers need to be sewn with 2 pieces of silk and a bear fur. Players will have to take it to the seamstress in Lletya to repair the torn trousers. You can easily travel there with a teleport crystal.
The gear is one of the ways to access the mourner headquarters in West Ardougne to get to the dark beasts, runite ore, and the east entrance of the Temple of Light to the death altar. The other being the Slayer ring dark beasts teleport.
- Wearing the gear unlocks unique dialogue with the citizens in West Ardougne and certain NPCs in East Ardougne, such as Elena.