Mourning's End Part I/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||In the Isafdar Woods, where the Roving Elves are (outside Tyras Camp and in the southeast corner of the woods). Speak to Eluned.|
|Description||It seems at last Arianwyn has need of your skills. He believes there is more to the Mourners than meets the eye and he wishes for you to find out just what they're up to. Can you gain the trust of the Mourners?|
|Official length||Long – Very long|
|Enemies to defeat||Mourner (level 11)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Recommended items: a weapon, food, necklace of passage to teleport to the Outpost to get to Arandar, 8 free inventory spaces, a ring of dueling (optional, recommended to teleport out after you kill the Mourner) energy potions or stamina potions (optional, bring these throughout the entire quest)
- Talk to Eluned.
- Talk to Arianwyn in Lletya.
- Teleport to the Outpost using your necklace of passage.
- Go to the Arandar pass gate, west of the Outpost, and kill a mourner (this will drain your stats including hp to 20).
- Take everything it drops (7 items), and hold onto them.
- (Optional) Ring of dueling teleport to Ferox Enclave and drink from the Pool of Refreshment to negate mourner potion resetting stats and hp
Top[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: teleportation method to Taverley and to a bank
Trousers[edit | edit source]
The mourners[edit | edit source]
- Go to West Ardougne.
- Equip your mourner outfit and nothing else (it seems you can wear jewellery without getting kicked out though).
- Enter the mourner HQ in the northeast corner of West Ardougne.
- Go down the trapdoor and talk to Essyllt in the basement. (2 free inventory spaces needed)
- Talk to the gnome on a rack. Select the chat option about being tickled and toad crunchies.
- Use the feather on him.
- Release the gnome and talk to him with soft leather, a magic log, and toad crunchies.
The sheep[edit | edit source]
Items needed: at least 1 red, green, blue, and yellow dye, ogre bellows, Ardougne teleport or skills necklace to Fishing guild, fixed device
- Go to the Feldip Hills swamp (east of fairy ring AKS) or to the less dangerous swamp southwest of Castle Wars (northeast of fairy ring BKP)
- Use dye on an empty bellow then the bellows on toads to get coloured toads (1 of each minimum).
- Go to the coloured sheep north of Ardougne used in the Sheep Herder quest.
- Load a coloured toad into fixed device and equip it.
- Pick "aim and fire" as your attack style to activate it.
- Re-dye one sheep in each group their respective colour.
Poisoning the food supply[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the head mourner (Essyllt).
- Take the rotten apple, located northwest of the Mourner Headquarters by squeezing through the gap in the western fence.
- Talk to Elena west of Ardougne log balance shortcut, you'll be given a sieve.
- Go to the apple orchard to the north-west, west of the Combat Training Camp. (Teleport to The Outpost with a necklace of passage to get there quicker)
- Pick up an empty barrel inside the orchard and use it on one of the Rotten Apple Piles.
- Use your barrel of rotten apples on the apple press (slightly west of the rotten apple piles) to mash them.
- Use your barrel of naphtha on your mushed apple barrel (in your inventory); then, use your sieve on it.
- See the full guide if you do not have a barrel of naphtha.
- Use the toxic naphtha on a range, not a fire. Make sure you have two open inventory spaces to receive both toxic powders.
- There is a range in the mourner HQ that you can use to save time.
- Add the toxic powder to grain sacks to poison any 2 of the food stores in West Ardougne. The closest 2 are:
- The western room of the main building north of the town square.
- The church south of the town square.
- Talk to Essyllt.
- Talk to Arianwyn in Lletya.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 25,000 Thieving experience
- 25,000 Hitpoints experience
- Access to the Mourner HQ basement and the village of Lletya
- Elf teleport crystal
- The fixed device
- Full mourner clothing
Required for completing[edit | edit source]