Mourning's Ends Part I/Quick guide
|Mourning's Ends Part I|
|Release date||19 July 2005 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||In the Isafdar Woods, where the Roving Elves are (outside Tyras Camp and in the southeast corner of the woods). Speak to Eluned.|
|Description||It seems at last Arianwyn has need of your skills. He believes there is more to the Mourners than meets the eye and he wishes for you to find out just what they're up to. Can you gain the trust of the Mourners?|
|Official length||Long to Very Long|
|Enemies to defeat||Mourner (level 11)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Top[edit | edit source]
Trousers[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to Lletya using the teleport crystal you got earlier.
- Talk to Oronwen who is directly northwest of the teleport crystal's destination.
- Talk to Oronwen again.
- Give her the silk, bear fur, and trousers.
- Log out and in, or switch worlds and speak to Oronwen to get your mourner trousers.
- Buy dyes here if needed, you'll need more than 1 of each if you miss the target later on.
The mourners[edit | edit source]
Items needed: mourner outfit, mourner letter, feather, soft leather, magic log, toad crunchies, West Ardougne teleport (recommended) [you can use Edgeville Wilderness teleport to reach Ardougne faster]
- Break your West Ardougne teleport tablet.
- Equip your mourner outfit and nothing else, enter the mourner HQ (NE corner of West Ardougne).
- Talk to the Head mourner in the basement.
- Talk to the gnome on a rack. Select the chat option about being tickled and toad crunchies.
- Use the feather on him twice.
- Talk to him with soft leather, a magic log, and toad crunchies.
- Release the gnome and talk to him.
- Log out and in, or switch worlds and speak to the gnome again to get the fixed device.
The sheep[edit | edit source]
Items needed: at least 1 red, green, blue, and yellow dye, ogre bellows, Ardougne teleport, fixed device
- Go to the Feldip Hills swamp (east of fairy ring AKS) or to the swamp southwest of Castle Wars.
- Use dye on an empty bellow then the bellows on toads to get coloured toads (1 of each minimum).
- Go to the coloured sheep north of Ardougne used in the Sheep Herder quest
- Load a coloured toad into fixed device and equip it
- Pick "aim and fire" as your attack style to activate it.
- Re-dye one sheep in each group their respective colour.
Poisoning the food supply[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the head mourner.
- Take the rotten apple, located northwest of the Mourner Headquarters.
- Talk to Elena by the east Ardougne log balance shortcut.
- Talk to Elena again to give her your rotten apple.
- Relog or world hop and talk to her again to get a sieve.
- Go to the apple orchard to the north-west, west of the Combat Training Camp. (Teleport to The Outpost with a Necklace of Passage to get there quicker)
- Take an empty barrel inside the orchard and use it on one of the Rotten Apple Piles.
- Use your rotten apples on the apple barrel (on the ground, in the middle of the orchard) to mash them.
- Use your barrel of naphtha on your mushed apple barrel (in your inventory); then, use your sieve on it.
- See the full guide if you do not have a barrel of naphtha.
- Use the toxic naphtha on a range, not a fire. Make sure you have two open inventory spaces to receive both toxic powders.
- There is a range in the mourner HQ that you can use to save time.
- Add the toxic powder to grain sacks to poison any 2 of the food stores in West Ardougne. The closest 2 are:
- The western room of the main building north of the town square.
- The church south of the town square.
- Talk to the Head mourner.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 25,000 Thieving experience
- 25,000 Hitpoints experience
- Access to the Mourner HQ basement and the village of Lletya
- Elf teleport crystal
- The fixed device
- Full mourner clothing
See also[edit | edit source]