A mud pie is an equippable item that can be worn in a player's mainhand slot. It is because of this that the mud pie can be considered some sort of weapon, but it does very little damage and has limited uses (e.g. it is not stackable). Rather, it is thrown at other players to decrease their run energy incrementally. From 100%, a mud pie thrown successfully will lower 25%, then 20%, then 15%, etc. Wearing armour with high Ranged defence will lower the draining accuracy of mud pies. Protecting from Ranged will halve the energy drained. Mud pies have no effect on NPCs. Mud pies can be obtained by looting baby implings or made using the Cooking skill. One will need to have level 29 Cooking to bake it, and will receive 128 Cooking experience from doing so.
- Mix flour and water to make some pastry dough.
- Place the dough in an empty pie dish to make a pie shell.
- Add compost to your pie shell to make part mud pie 1 (supercompost does not work).
- Add water to the pie using a bucket to make part mud pie 2.
- Add clay to the pie to make a raw mud pie.
- Cook on a range.