Murder Mystery/Quick guide
The Old School RuneScape Wiki defaults to the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, etc. This may be changed by clicking the moon icon at the top right of the site.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The Sinclair Mansion, north along the path between Seers' Village and Camelot. Talk to one of the guards around the mansion.|
|Description||Old man Sinclair has been found dead in his mansion! Unfortunately, the local authorities are having some trouble figuring out who's the guilty party. Maybe the unbiased eye of a passing adventurer will be of help.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the guard and agree to help.
- Go northwest and investigate the sacks in the shed, take 7 flypapers.
- Go inside and take the pungent pot and criminal's dagger.
- Investigate the nearby smashed window for the criminal's thread.
- Note: The colour of the thread corresponds to the colour of the killer's legwear. In the next step, you only need to search for the silver items of people whose legwear colour matches with the thread.
- If the thread is Red, the culprit is either Bob or Carol
- If the thread is Green, the culprit is either Anna or David
- If the thread is Blue, the culprit is either Elizabeth or Frank
- Search the barrels around in the house to get 6 silver items (or just search the barrels of those with matching legwear). There are 4 barrels upstairs and 2 barrels downstairs. The barrels can be found in the small bedrooms that appear as red on the minimap.
- Go to the kitchen and fill your pot with flour from the barrel.
- Use flour and flypaper to dust each silver item and the dagger.
- Use the silver items' prints on the dagger's print until you get a match. Remember who it is.
- Talk to Gossip outside the front gate of the mansion and ask who he thinks is responsible.
- Talk to the poison salesman in the Seers' Village pub, ask who he sold poison to. (Select Murder Mystery quest) (Be sure to not select the Fremennik Trials option.)
- Talk to the person whose prints matched, ask why they bought poison.
- Search the item they say they used the poison on.
- Anna - Compost heap
- Bob - Beehive in cow pen
- Frank - Family Crest, east of the front door
- David - Spider nest, upstairs between the two rooms with three beds each in them
- Carol - Kitchen drain, west of the front door
- Elizabeth - The fountain
- Drop the silver necklace before talking to the guard if you want to keep it, you can't get it back afterward.
- Talk to a guard.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Required for completing[edit | edit source]