|Released||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||A Bittercap Mushroom|
|High alch||22 coins|
|Low alch||15 coins|
|Exchange||70 coins (info)|
A bittercap mushroom (or bittercap) is a type of fungus. While they are not edible by themselves, they are non-poisonous and have a variety of culinary and other uses.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Fairy ring (Construction)|
|Moonlight mead × 8|
|Moonlight mead(4) × 2|
|Moonlight mead(m) × 8|
|Moonlight mead(m4) × 2|
|Spirit tree & fairy ring|
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Mushrooms may be added to a compost bin to make supercompost.
- Eight mushrooms may be used to pay a farmer to look after a whiteberry bush.
- Four mushrooms are the main ingredient for brewing moonlight mead.
- One mushroom is used to make fried mushrooms, which in turn are used to make mushroom potatoes.
- Harvesting a patch of mushrooms is a requirement for the hard Morytania Diary.
- Four mushrooms are used to build an otherworldly theme in the superior garden of a player-owned house.
- Ten mushrooms are used to build a fairy ring or spiritual fairy tree in the superior garden of a player-owned house.
- Nine mushrooms are needed to fill the mud pit in the Tar Swamp on Fossil Island.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Bittercap Mushrooms Grown||1||Always|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Players with 53 Farming can grow mushrooms from a mushroom spore in the mushroom patch near Canifis (close to the fairy ring CKS). This takes about four hours to grow and yields six mushrooms. Players do not need a spade to harvest this item. Harvesting grants 58 Farming experience per mushroom, for a total of 348 experience per patch.
|Fruit tree produce|