|Released||30 July 2015 (Update)|
|Options||Wear, Teleport, Trim, Drop|
|Worn options||Trim, Teleport|
|Examine||The cape worn by music aficionados.|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
The Music cape is a Cape of accomplishment. The music cape can be obtained by players who have unlocked all non-holiday music tracks. It is purchased—along with the music hood—from Olaf the Bard in Rellekka for 99,000. With the purchase of the cape and hood, the player will also unlock the Air Guitar emote, which acts as the cape's Skill Cape emote.
To trim the music cape, the player must unlock all music tracks, including holiday event tracks, and have completed all quests and Achievement Diaries. After meeting the requirements, the player can right-click the cape and select the Trim option. The trimmed cape can be reverted back to the untrimmed version by selecting the Untrim option.
Should a new, non-holiday song be released, the cape will be unequipped, and the player cannot equip or operate it until the new songs are unlocked. If the player's inventory is full, the cape will be placed in the player's bank instead. In the event that both the player's inventory and bank are full, the player will have to re-purchase the cape and hood from Olaf the Bard.
This item can be stored in the cape rack of a costume room, as part of the Music cape set, along with the hood. Ultimate Ironmen will be unable to retrieve individual pieces until the full set is stored.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
A list of all music tracks and locations can be found here. It is recommended to use the modern music area mode if attempting to unlock music.
Skills needed[edit | edit source]
- 75 Slayer to be eligible for a gargoyle task for a chance to obtain the brittle key, in order to gain access to the Grotesque Guardians (cannot be boosted)
- 70 Hitpoints to enter the Zamorak camp in the God Wars Dungeon (cannot be boosted)
- 70 Agility to enter the Saradomin camp in the God Wars Dungeon, as well as a rope to access the area (cannot be boosted)
- 65 Farming to enter the Hespori cave.
- 65 Thieving to enter all of the different seasonal gardens in the Sorceress's Garden minigame
- 50 Mining (along with the Museum Camp built and having 150 Varrock Museum Kudos) to access the Volcanic Mine
- 50 Firemaking to unlock Ice and Fire in the Wintertodt's prison
- 35 Fishing to unlock Tempor of the Storm while fighting Tempoross
- 33 Magic to unlock Mind over Matter in Telekinetic Theatre (can be boosted)
Items needed[edit | edit source]
- A champion's scroll to unlock Victory is Mine inside the Champions' Challenge Arena
- A dark totem to unlock Darkly Altared inside Skotizo's lair beneath the Catacombs of Kourend
- A mossy key to unlock Roots and Flutes inside Bryophyta's lair
- A Hespori seed to unlock A Thorn in My Side inside the Hespori cave
- A fire cape to unlock the Mor Ul Rek track and in order to take on TzHaar-Ket-Rak's Challenges, which unlocks the Inferno track
- A Mimic to unlock Box of Delights inside The Mimic's fight area
- 750 Barronite shards to unlock Race Against the Clock inside the Camdozaal Vault
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Reach the Great Olm in the Chambers of Xeric to unlock Fire in the Deep
- Reach Verzik Vitur's treasure vault in the Theatre of Blood to unlock The Curtain Closes; players may spectate a raid to unlock all of the music associated with the Theatre of Blood
- Reach the burial chamber protected by Tumeken's Warden in the Tombs of Amascut to unlock Laid to Rest
- A large majority of quests completed as they have unique music tracks and unlock more areas with unique music
- The miniquest The Frozen Door must be completed to unlock The Ancient Prison, which, in turn, requires the player to kill all four God Wars Dungeon bosses.
The following tracks are not required to unlock the music cape, although they are required to trim it:
- Bunny's Sugar Rush
- Diango's Little Helpers
- Dies Irae
- Easter Jig
- Eve's Epinette
- A Festive Party
- Funny Bunnies
- Grimly Fiendish
- High Spirits
- Jungle Bells
- Jungle Island Xmas
- Land of Snow
- Nox Irae
- Scrubfoot's Descent
- Sea Minor Shanty
- Sea Shanty Xmas
- Winter Funfair
Shop locations[edit | edit source]
|Olaf the Bard||Rellekka||∞||N/A||99,000||N/A||0.0%|
|Olaf the Bard||Rellekka||∞||N/A||99,000||N/A||0.0%|
Used in recommended equipment[edit | edit source]
Not trimmed[edit | edit source]
|2||Hunter training (Staff of the dead)|
|2||Hunter training (Dinh's bulwark)|
|3||K'ril Tsutsaroth/Strategies (Magic)|
|1||Krystilia/Strategies (Defence and Prayer)|
|4||Lizardman shaman/Strategies (Melee)|
|4||Metal dragons/Strategies (Melee)|
|5||Mithril dragon/Strategies (Melee)|
|1||Pay-to-play Prayer training (Dinh's bulwark)|
|1||Pay-to-play Prayer training (High Magic defence)|
|3||Phantom Muspah/Strategies (Magic & Ranged)|
|3||Phantom Muspah/Strategies (Ranged)|
|5||Slayer task/Jellies (Melee)|
|5||Slayer training (Melee)|
|4||Slayer training (Magic (Barrage))|
|3||TzHaar Fight Cave/Strategies (Melee)|
|3||TzHaar Fight Cave/Strategies (Early-game iron)|
|3||TzHaar Fight Cave/Strategies (Magic)|
|4||TzHaar Fight Cave/Strategies (Pure)|
|4, 5||Ultimate Ironman Guide/Equipment|
|3||The Whisperer/Strategies (Magic)|
|3||Zulrah/Strategies (Magic & Ranged)|
Trim[edit | edit source]
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|11 October 2018
The front patch of colour on the untrimmed cape was changed from tan to white.
|25 August 2016
The "Teleport" option was added, granting unlimited teleports to Falo the Bard.
|10 March 2016
The emote has been renamed from "Music Cape" to "Air guitar".
|6 August 2015
Ironmen can now unlock the Fishing Trawler music tracks in order to attain the Music Cape.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other capes of accomplishment, the music cape's emote is not performed with the Skill Cape emote, and thus does not require the cape to be worn to perform its emote.
|Capes of Accomplishment|
|Items with sound|
|Emotes with sound|