My Arm's Big Adventure
|My Arm's Big Adventure (#113)|
|Released||23 October 2006 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Ashleigh B|
My Arm's Big Adventure is the fourth quest in the Troll series. In the quest you must aid My Arm, a young troll who wishes to prove himself by growing his own goutweed. This necessitates gathering goutweed tubers, teaching My Arm how to farm, and fighting a Giant Roc which takes poorly to My Arm's farming attempt.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The kitchen, deep in the Troll Stronghold. Talk to Burntmeat.|
|Description||Trolls love goutweed. They love it so much that they've picked it all, and now they can't get any more. However, in his smelly kitchen in the Troll Stronghold, Burntmeat the cook has heard a rumour that goutweed is growing once again, for anyone who's got the skill to farm it. Can you teach his young assistant - a simple troll known as My Arm - to grow the precious goutweed? Will you overcome My Arm's stubbornness and ignorance to earn yourself Burntmeat's reward? Dare you accompany My Arm on this uniquely trollish expedition?|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting the adventure[edit | edit source]
To start the quest, travel to the Troll Stronghold and speak to Burntmeat. He is found in the Troll kitchen, go south after going down the stairs. He has heard from another adventurer that humans can grow goutweed and wonders if you can help. You will see a short cutscene with this adventurer in a cooking pot, with his dragon armour strewn over the floor. Burntmeat wants his assistant, My Arm, to learn how to farm.
My Arm is at the back of the room; talk to him, and he will tell you he needs the goutweedy lump from the cooking pot on Death Plateau. Either talk to Burntmeat and follow his instructions to get to the Death Plateau or travel there via other means such as the games necklace.
When near Death Plateau, it is advisable to activate Protect from Ranged against the rock throwers and Protect from Melee while on the plateau. There, use a bucket on the cooking pot to get the goutweedy lump. There is a bucket spawn in a nearby hut.
Return to the Troll Stronghold and talk to My Arm again, who will promptly eat the goutweed. He will then guide you to his farm on the roof of the stronghold. Speak with him there, and he will give you a farming manual that he asks you to read.
Fertiliser[edit | edit source]
Red hot sauce[edit | edit source]
Go to Pollniveach, and ask Ali the Kebab seller for a bottle of red hot sauce. Use the sauce on the food trough in Ali the Camel Man's pen and wait a few seconds for it to have an effect. Then, gather the dung with the three buckets.
Camulet[edit | edit source]
Travel to Al Kharid. While wearing the Camulet, speak to any camel around the city to have them produce some dung for you. You may have to talk to another if one refuses. Use the three buckets on the dung to collect it.
Using the fertiliser[edit | edit source]
Once you have the Ugthanki dung and 7 buckets of supercompost, head back to My Arm on the roof of the stronghold. Treat the patch with seven supercompost and three Ugthanki dung while carrying a spade in your inventory. The patch is indicated by a farming icon.
Karamja[edit | edit source]
Having fertilised the patch, talk to My Arm again. He will want to venture with you to Tai Bwo Wannai, as goutweed supposedly originates from there. You'll see a short cutscene on the docks of Ardougne, followed by a scene on the ship. Once you arrive at Brimhaven, My Arm will have already run off towards Tai Bwo Wannai. You can find him just east of the general store. Talk to him there.
Gaining favour[edit | edit source]
If you haven't enough favour in Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup, you will need to partake in this minigame. For this, you'll only require a machete. You can buy a machete from the general store. Optionally, you can continue until you reach 100% favour in the minigame for the Karamja Medium Diary.
When you have 60%, talk to Murcaily. Note that doing this will subtract this percentage from your total favour, so you may first want to reach 100% for the diary. Murcaily will initially give you a single hardy gout tuber. Then, cutscene will follow in which My Arm causes havoc around the village in search of the tubers, and Murcaily will give you lots of hardy gout tubers. You will then return to Ardougne.
My Arm harasses Qutiedoll in his quest for Goutweed.
My Arm knocks away a broodoo victim.
My Arm defeats the village's strongest warrior, Jagbakoba, with a hefty punch.
The Rocs[edit | edit source]
Speak with My Arm again - he suggests you go back to the bank to get some food because of some "large birds" on top of the mountain. You will need to bring the required farming tools or ensure your tool leprechaun has them. You should also bring decent armour, weaponry and food.
You'll need to give My Arm the materials to plant his tubers, as if you were planting them yourself. Give him the tools in the following order;
- Rake (this may break - simply retrieve the head and combine it with the handle, then hand it back to My Arm)
- The hardy gout tubers
- Seed dibber
- Supercompost before it fully grows, or plant cure after it becomes diseased
My Arm attacks the Drunken Dwarf, hurling him off the roof.
An unnamed troll child, soon to earn his name.
However, this will anger a far more dangerous level 172 Giant Roc, who will immediately attack you. It uses both Melee and Ranged attacks. The melee attack will also force you backwards unless your back is against a rock or wall. Its ranged attacks may be dodged, although this requires precise timing. It is recommended to fight with Protect from Missiles activated and eat when required. The Giant Roc is more resistant to Magic damage than other types of damage, so it is advised to use Ranged to damage it. My Arm will also attack the bird, but his attacks only tend to hit 1 to 3, so don't rely on this.
Once it has been defeated, talk to My Arm again. You will now need to give him a spade to dig up the goutweed. If you forgot the spade, climb down the ladder and back up for the leprechaun to reappear. My Arm will then tell you to speak with Burntmeat for your great reward - you guessed it, a full inventory of burnt meat!
Talk to My Arm one last time to complete the quest. He will offer you some better rewards.
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 10,000 Herblore experience
- 5,000 Farming experience
- 45×7 additional Farming experience while My Arm harvests his crop.
- Access to a disease-free herb patch on top of the Troll Stronghold. This patch does not allow growing of regular Goutweed.
- 29 Burnt meat
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of My Arm's Big Adventure is required for the following:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you have a gout tuber in your bank or inventory when first talking to My Arm, you will attempt to offer it instead of going to Death Plateau. However, My Arm is very stubborn and refuses.
- Depending on where your house is, your character will reference its location and tell My Arm that he's never coming over.
- If during the part of the quest where he shows you his farming patch you already have the Ugthanki dung in your inventory, he will point out that you stink.
- Qutiedoll made his second appearance after the Draynor Bank Robbery during the Rumble in the Jungle cutscene when he was attacked by My Arm.
- During a cutscene, My Arm throws the Drunken Dwarf off the roof of the Troll Stronghold and an unnamed young troll comes up to him. After the quest, the troll's name has changed to Drunken Dwarf's Leg.
- During the first cutscene, if you try to take any of the items on the floor, the cutscene will stop and Burntmeat will tell you to start paying attention. If using a 3rd party client, it is possible to see the high alchemy value of these items are all 3gp - abnormal for items such as an abyssal whip.
- If you have completed the Swan Song quest and ask for the dragon equipment as your reward just after the first cutscene, you will complain that this is just like the Wise Old Man not giving you his blue partyhat at the end of the quest.
- My Arm uses a spade in his animation to harvest his healthy goutweed. Normally, players would harvest healthy herbs by picking them and clear dead herbs with a spade.
- After the quest, My Arm grows goutweed continually next to the disease-free herb patch on the roof of the stronghold. If you try to pick the goutweed when it is fully grown, your character will say: "This is My Arm's problem now".
- While My Arm is picking goutweed, if you gain a farming level he will congratulate you.
- When receiving the hardy gout tuber from Murcaily, the tuber will be placed in the last slot. If that slot is already occupied, your inventory will be reorganised to sort all empty spaces above the tubers.
- After the quest, if you speak to Captain Barnaby in the Ardougne docks he will exclaim "Oh no, it's you again!".
- When speaking about Troll names being strange, My Arm states that humans have strange names also. He will then mention the name of the player that My Arm last spoke to.
- If you have completed the Swan Song quest, during the first cutscene on the ship My Arm will mention that trolls don't like the sea. The player then mentions the sea trolls fought during Swan Song. My Arm will not believe you, and say that they are not real trolls.
- During a cutscene in Tai Bwo Wannai, My Arm says "Da Rumble in da Jungle!". This is a reference to The Rumble in the Jungle; an historic boxing event in what is now the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The fight saw Muhammad Ali defeat George Foreman.
- The title of the quest is an innuendo.
References[edit | edit source]
- Shauny. "In the Games Industry - An interview with Mod Ash!." (01:41:00), YouTube video. 20 February 2020.