My Arm's Big Adventure/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The kitchen, deep in the Troll Stronghold. Talk to Burntmeat.|
|Description||Trolls love goutweed. They love it so much that they've picked it all, and now they can't get any more. However, in his smelly kitchen in the Troll Stronghold, Burntmeat the cook has heard a rumour that goutweed is growing once again, for anyone who's got the skill to farm it. Can you teach his young assistant - a simple troll known as My Arm - to grow the precious goutweed? Will you overcome My Arm's stubbornness and ignorance to earn yourself Burntmeat's reward? Dare you accompany My Arm on this uniquely trollish expedition?|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The adventurer[edit | edit source]
- Go to the Troll Stronghold, head south then downstairs into the kitchen (fairycode AJR and enter from the back through the secret door where you freed the prisoners, or utilize a slayer ring and enter the mountain through the secret entrance, or Trollheim teleport and go west).
- Speak to Burntmeat.
- Talk to My Arm, east of Burntmeat.
Getting the goutweed[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Three buckets of Ugthanki dung, seven buckets of supercompost (or 7 supercompost stored in the Tool Leprechaun), a spade, climbing boots, empty bucket (no need to bring one, there is one south of the Death Plateau cooking pot), at least one free inventory slot.
- Reach the Death Plateau. (Games necklace or minigame teleport to Burthorpe). There will be thrower trolls on the way there and on the plateau itself; protect from ranged.
- Use a bucket on the cooking pot in the middle of the plateau with 1 free inventory space to get the goutweedy lump.
- A bucket spawns south of the cooking pot, if you forgot to bring one.
- Go back to the Troll Stronghold and talk to My Arm.
- After he brings you to a new area, talk to him again.
- After reading the book he gave you, talk to him again.
- Use three buckets of Ugthanki dung and seven buckets of supercompost on the soil patch.
- Talk to My Arm.
- Talk to Captain Barnaby.
Getting the tubers[edit | edit source]
Items needed: None if you already have 60% favour in Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup. If not, you'll need a machete, or at least 60 coins to buy one from the store north-west of the village.
Note: If you plan on completing Karamja medium task diary, you may want to consider getting 100% favour first as you will lose the 60% here.
- Meet up with My Arm at Tai Bwo Wannai, east of the general store. Talk to him.
- Talk to Murcaily near the hardwood grove. Make sure you have at least 1 free inventory space.
- If you don't have 60% favour, raise it to 60% at least and talk to him again (you can't start the quest if you don't have 60% favour).
- After the cutscene speak to My Arm, you will take the boat back to Ardougne where you can access the bank.
Teaching a troll to farm[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Hardy gout tubers, 17 coins or a rake, seed dibber, plant cure, spade, climbing boots and optionally, supercompost or ultracompost. Remember to bring food for the boss fight to save time.
- Prepare yourself for a level 75 fight and a level 172 fight.
- Go back to the roof of the Troll Stronghold by using ladder in the west room on the upper level where the Troll Generals are.
- Talk to My Arm.
- Give My Arm the tools he needs for farming in this order:
- Rake (if My Arm breaks the rake, pick up the pieces, reassemble it, and give it back to him)
- Supercompost/Ultracompost (Optional. If ultracompost/supercompost is not used, the patch may become diseased and will need to be cured. Regular compost has no effect.)
- Hardy gout tubers
- Seed dibber
- Plant cure (if patch becomes diseased)
The end[edit | edit source]
- Talk to My Arm.
- Give him a spade (if you don't have one, you can go back down and up the ladder to get the leprechaun to reappear).
- Go back to Burntmeat in the kitchen.
- Talk to My Arm on the roof.
- 1 Quest point
- 10,000 Herblore experience
- 5,000 Farming experience
- Access to a disease-free herb patch on top of the Troll Stronghold. This patch does not allow growing of regular Goutweed.
- 29 Burnt meat
Required for completing[edit | edit source]