|Released||18 September 2014 (Update)|
|Destroy||The Emblem Trader in Edgeville may want this.|
|Examine||A mysterious emblem of ancient times.|
|Exchange||73,671 coins (info)|
- Killing the player's assigned target on the official Bounty Hunter world, while having a mysterious emblem in the inventory. The opponent's combat level determines the drop rate.
- Killing Wilderness bosses on the official Bounty Hunter world.
- Killing various monsters assigned by Krystilia. Bosses and monsters assigned by her can drop the emblems outside of Bounty Hunter worlds.
Mysterious emblems cannot be dropped. Unlike most items, mysterious emblems have a seven second timer before being destroyed, in order to prevent players from destroying them mid-combat to deny their killer the emblem as loot.
They can be sold to the Bandit Duty Free general store starting at 30,000 coins each. This is beneficial because it can give a much better return compared to selling it to the Emblem Trader for high alchemy items.
Tiers and upgrading[edit | edit source]
There are 10 tiers of emblem with increasing values. Once a mysterious emblem is obtained, players can either trade it in to the Emblem Trader for bounties (points), or upgrade the emblem by killing more Bounty Hunter targets. If a player is holding multiple emblems, only the highest tier emblem will be upgraded. Killing monsters assigned by Krystilia or bosses on Bounty Hunter worlds won't upgrade emblems in the player's inventory, instead the monsters will continue to drop tier 1 emblems.
The number of points granted depends on the tier of the emblem:
|Tier 1||50,000||Tier 6||1,200,000|
|Tier 2||100,000||Tier 7||1,750,000|
|Tier 3||200,000||Tier 8||2,500,000|
|Tier 4||400,000||Tier 9||3,500,000|
|Tier 5||750,000||Tier 10||5,000,000|
Death[edit | edit source]
Emblems are always lost upon death, so players will have to be willing to risk their emblem to receive an emblem in another player's possession or to upgrade them.
A mysterious emblem will be downgraded one tier as they are dropped on death. For example, if a player is killed and had a tier 9 emblem in their inventory, the victor will obtain a tier 8 emblem instead.
Drop rate formula[edit | edit source]
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Mysterious emblem (tier 1)[edit | edit source]
Lv 86: (1/120)
Lv 98: (1/105)
|Black dragon||227; 247||1||1/60|
|Dark warrior||8; 145||1||1/147|
|Deadly red spider||34||1||1/138|
|Donny the lad||34||1||1/137|
|Elder Chaos druid||129||1||1/80|
|Fire giant||86; 104; 109||1||1/100|
|Giant spider||2; 27; 50||1||1/153|
|Greater Skeleton Hellhound||281||1||1/60|
Lv 92: (1/112)
Lv 104: (1/95)
|Green dragon||79; 88||1||1/118|
|Grizzly bear||21; 42||1||1/142|
|Hellhound||122; 127; 136||1||1/97|
|Ice giant||53; 67||1||1/120|
|Lesser demon||82; 87; 94||1||Rare|
Lv 82: (1/115)
Lv 94: (1/100)
|Poison spider||31; 64||1||1/123|
|Revenant dark beast||120||1||1/85|
|Scorpia's offspring (monster)||15||1||1/154|
|Scorpion||14; 37; 38; 59||1||1/147|
|Skeleton Hellhound (Vet'ion)||214||1||1/100|
|Spiritual mage||120; 121; 123||1||1/102|
|Spiritual ranger||115; 118; 122; 127||1||Rare|
|Spiritual warrior||115; 123; 125; 134||1||Rare|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|13 June 2019
|Tier 10 mysterious emblems are now tradeable on the Grand Exchange.|
|29 November 2018
|Emblems may now be received as a drop from other players only if the killer has an emblem in their inventory. Emblems now also have a seven second timer to destroy to prevent players from destroying it mid-combat out of spite.|
|2 March 2017
(update | poll)
|Mysterious emblems were made more common from monsters. Previously, they had a 1/12 drop rate from bosses and 1/50 from demi-bosses. Tier 1 emblems were also made tradeable on the Grand Exchange.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tier 1 emblem bares a striking resemblance to the Ancient statuette from RuneScape 3.
- Attempting to destroy a mysterious emblem while in combat will yield a message reading "Running away? Not so fast..." along with a 7 second cooldown, identical to the message displayed when attempting to teleport in Deadman Mode.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's calculated off the HP: 1 in (155 - (HP/2)) There's none with HP over 300, but it'd disregard values higher than that."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 June 2019. (Archived from the original on 4 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "It floors at every step."