Necklace of anguish
|Necklace of anguish|
|Released||6 May 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||A deep sense of anguish burns within this powerful necklace.|
|High alch||121,200 coins|
|Low alch||80,800 coins|
|Exchange||11,186,882 coins (info)|
The necklace of anguish is a necklace made by enchanting a zenyte necklace with the Lvl-7 Enchant spell. Requiring level 75 Hitpoints to equip, it is a purely offensive neck slot item, offering the best-in-slot Ranged attack and Ranged Strength bonus.
Players can attach an anguish ornament kit, obtained from master clue scrolls, to create a necklace of anguish (or). This is only cosmetic, and does not affect the necklace's stat bonuses. It can be dismantled, returning the necklace and ornament kit.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Members||Ticks||3 (1.8s) [r 1]|
|Necklace of anguish||1||11,186,882|
- Manual casting is 3 ticks, auto-casting is 7 ticks
- Due to Grand Exchange prices changing based on trade volume, this profit may not be fully accurate if the components are infrequently traded.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Necklace of anguish (or)|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|10 September 2020
The Grand Exchange buy limit was changed from 70 to 8.
|25 January 2018
The item was graphically updated with the release of the Necklace of anguish (or).
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
|6 May 2016 –
25 January 2018
|25 January 2018 –|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name likely comes from RuneScape's Anguish, an Ancient curse, which boosts the user's ranged accuracy, ranged damage, and Defence significantly, as well as drain those of opponents.
- In the original Developer's Blog, it was proposed that zenyte jewellery, in addition to its stats, would provide a passive healing effect provided that it was charged with a cut onyx. Charged zenyte jewellery equipped would have a 10% chance of healing 5% of the damage dealt to a target. This effect would last for 10,000 successful hits, which when depleted would return the zenyte jewellery to its uncharged state and would require another onyx to become charged again. This was polled in the Old School Content Poll #39, where it only received 69.1% votes in favour, 5.9% short of passing the poll.
- This necklace looks similar to the reaper necklace in RuneScape 3.
- This necklace is one of the few non-ammo slot items to provide a range strength bonus, along with the heavy ballista and Ava's assembler.
References[edit | edit source]