New player guide/Advanced activities
Click a table row to "check" it off. Items are in no particular order.
|Cutting yew trees||Section|
|Mine in the Mining Guild||Section|
|Kill Hill Giants in Edgeville Dungeon||Section|
|Complete Dragon Slayer I||Quest|
Cutting yew trees[edit | edit source]
- Why: Yew trees are the highest level tree for non-members and their logs retain decent valued at 260 each. They're also safe, usually close to banks, plentiful, and require very little attention.
- What you'll need: Level 60+ Woodcutting and a rune axe.
- Considerations: Yew trees are often crowded with competing woodcutters.
There are plenty Yew tree across Gielinor. Locations include: south of Edgeville bank, south of Falador, east of the Grand Exchange, west of Rimmington, and west of Lumbridge Castle. Travel to any of these locations and begin chopping Yew trees. If the spot is far from a bank, it can be beneficial to bring teleportation runes, bank, and then run back.
Mine in the Mining Guild[edit | edit source]
- Why: The Mining Guild offers iron, coal, mithril, and Adamantite rocks
- What you'll need: Level 60+ Mining and a rune pickaxe.
- Considerations: Can often be crowded.
The Mining Guild offers the most abundant mine accessible to free-to-play players.
Kill Hill Giants in Edgeville Dungeon[edit | edit source]
- Why: Hill Giants can be killed by any means and can also be safespotted. Their big bones are worth 178.
- What you'll need: If using melee, at least a full set of mithril equipment and sufficient food. If using Magic or Ranged, any level will do, but a higher level is preferable.
- Considerations: Hill giants are crowded. Switch worlds to find an uncrowded spot.
First, acquire a Brass key from the Grand Exchange or navigate through the Edgeville Dungeon. If buying the key from the Grand Exchange, go to the small shed north of the river crossing between Varrock and Barbarian Village. This is the entrance to the Edgeville Dungeon. Open the door with the key and climb down the ladder. There, you'll find a cavern filled with giants. There are various safespots along the side of the cavern, behind rock formations and obstacles. Kill hill giants and take their bones. These can either be buried for experience, or bank to later sell on the GE.