New player guide/Intermediate activities
Click a table row to "check" it off. Items are in no particular order.
|Complete the Stronghold of Security||10,000/||Section|
|Purchase Wizard gear and use it in Varrock||Section|
|Kill the Lesser demon in the Wizards' Tower||Section|
|Mine iron ore||MMG|
|Train on Al-Kharid warriors||Section|
Complete the Stronghold of Security in Barbarian Village[edit | edit source]
- Why: Completing the Stronghold of Security gives 10,000 as well as a set of fighting or fancy boots for free.
- What you'll need: Armour, food, and a Defence level high enough to survive running past aggressive level 80 monsters. Around 15 Defence, an inventory of Trout and a full set iron equipment should suffice.
Purchase Wizard gear in Varrock[edit | edit source]
- Why: Magical armour and an elemental staff are essential for using magic in combat.
- What you'll need: About 4,400 for a staff, hat, robe, and runes.
Navigate to Varrock Square and enter Zaff's Superior Staffs! on the north-west corner of the square. Zaff sells elemental staves. It's recommended to get a staff of air, as it provides unlimited Air runes which are used in every elemental attack, as well as many utility spells, a staff of fire is also useful for alchemy spells. Once a staff has been bought, navigate south to the clothing shop. Buy a blue wizard robe and hat. A blue skirt is optional and completely cosmetic, providing no bonuses. Once that's complete, navigate southeast to Aubury's Rune Shop, south of the eastern bank. Buy mind rune packs and fire rune packs. Buying about 1-2k of each rune is more than enough.
Kill the Lesser demon in the Wizards' Tower[edit | edit source]
- Why: Completely safe, good experience per kill, and good drop potential.
- What you'll need: Level 33 Magic for Telekinetic Grab, staff of air as well as law, fire and mind runes.
- Disadvantages: The Lesser demon can be a crowded area, and there's a risk of competition.
The upper floor of the Wizards' Tower has a caged Lesser demon that can be safely killed using Magic. Lesser demons have a chance to drop a Rune med helm, which sells for 10,992.
Train on Al-Kharid warriors[edit | edit source]
- Why: Al-Kharid warriors are good to train on and are close to both a bank and fishing spot.
- What you'll need: At least level 15 in each of the three melee combat skills, as well as armour, a weapon, and food.
- Considerations: Warriors can be crowded due to their convenient location.