|Released||12 December 2013 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Monkey Madness II|
|Location||Tree Gnome Stronghold|
|Sells items?||Slayer Equipment|
|Examine||She looks rich and dangerous!|
Nieve is the second-to-highest level Slayer master, behind Duradel. She is located in the Tree Gnome Stronghold, next to the Stronghold Slayer Cave near the magic trees and the southern bank. She only assigns tasks to players with a combat level of at least 85.
Nieve wields a Zamorakian hasta, full Bandos armour, an amulet of fury, a pirate's hook, an elysian spirit shield, and a fire cape. She has made an appearance with a cave kraken in Prifddinas during Old School RuneScape's first birthday event along with other NPCs.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
Nieve is the solution to the medium anagram clue: I EVEN. The answer to her challenge is 2.
Nieve's family[edit | edit source]
Nieve has many cousins, all of whom operate slayer task only areas, like her. Steve resides in the Asgarnia Ice Dungeon and controls the upper level in the Skeletal Wyvern area. Slieve and Eve operate out of the Taverley Dungeon, controlling the Black and Blue dragon areas, respectively. Lieve McCracken oversees Kraken Cove. Hieve runs a separate metal dragon area in the Brimhaven Dungeon, and is the older brother of Pieve and Steve. Lastly, Nieve's uncle Breive maintains the Smoke Devil Dungeon.
Monkey Madness II[edit | edit source]
In Monkey Madness II, she is recruited by the player to stop Glough and his experiments from running amok after his airship crashed north of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Nieve helps the player against the tortured gorillas invading the Stronghold.
After the 10th Squad secures the Stronghold, she, along with the player, pursue Glough in the Crash Site Cavern, where she assists the player in defeating Glough's tortured and demonic gorillas. She is ultimately killed by a mutated Glough when he knocks her back to a wall, causing a boulder to fall and crush her.
After the quest, her gravestone can be found between the small swamp and the Grand Tree's north-western entrance, next to the exit that leads to the Crash Site Cavern. Her gravestone also functions as the player's kill count for tortured and demonic gorillas. Her younger cousin, Steve, replaces her as the Slayer Master, and Pieve replaces her brother at the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon.
Slayer points[edit | edit source]
Players can receive Slayer reward points for completing Slayer assignments—this is based on how many tasks players have accomplished in a row. Completion of a task assigned by Nieve will grant you a varying amount of points, depending if players have completed the Western Provinces Diary, which is increased to match those of Duradel.
|Task interval||Points given||Points given|
Useful fairy ring codes[edit | edit source]
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - ajr
- Slayer Tower - cks
- Brine Rat Cavern - dks
- Kalphite Lair - biq
- Abyssal Area - alr
- Kharidian Desert - dlq
- Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon - ajq
- Chasm of Fire - djr
Assignments[edit | edit source]
|Monster||Amount||Extended amt.||Unlock requirement||Alternative(s)||Weight|
|Aberrant spectre||120-185||200-250||60 Slayer||Deviant spectres||6|
|Abyssal demon||120-185||200-250||85 Slayer||None||9|
|Adamant dragon||3-7||20-30||Completion of Dragon Slayer II||None||2|
|Aviansie||120-185||130-250||Unlocked the Watch the birdy ability via spending 80 Slayer reward points||Kree'arra, Flight Kilisa, Flockleader Geerin, Wingman Skree, Reanimated aviansie||6|
|Black demons||120-185||200-250||None||Demonic gorillas, Balfrug Kreeyath, Porazdir, Skotizo||9|
|Black dragons||10-20||40-60||Partial completion of Dragon Slayer||Baby black dragons, King Black Dragon, brutal black dragons (77 Slayer)||6|
|Bloodvelds||120-185||200-250||50 Slayer||Mutated Bloodveld||9|
|Blue dragons||120-185||N/A||Partial completion of Dragon Slayer||Baby blue dragons, brutal blue dragons, Vorkath||4|
|Boss||3-35||N/A||Unlocked the Like a boss ability via spending 200 Slayer reward points, as well as various requirements for specific bosses||None||8|
|Brine rat||120-185||N/A||47 Slayer, partial completion of Olaf's Quest||None||3|
|Cave horror||120-180||200-250||58 Slayer, completion of Cabin Fever||None||5|
|Cave kraken||100-120||150-200||87 Slayer, 50 Magic||Kraken||6|
|Dagannoth||120-185||N/A||Completion of Horror from the Deep||Dagannoth spawn, Dagannoth fledgeling, Dagannoth Kings||8|
|Dark beasts||10-20||100-150||90 Slayer, 100 Combat, partial completion of Mourning's End Part II||None||5|
|Dust devils||120-185||200-250||65 Slayer, partial completion of Desert Treasure||None||6|
|Elves||60-90||N/A||Partial completion of Regicide||Elf warrior, mourner (Mourner Headquarters), Reanimated elf||4|
|Fossil Island Wyverns||20-60||55-75||66 Slayer, completion of Bone Voyage||Spitting, taloned and long-tailed wyvern (66 Slayer), Ancient Wyvern (82 Slayer)||5|
|Gargoyles||120-185||200-250||75 Slayer, completion of Priest in Peril||Grotesque Guardians||6|
|Greater demons||120-185||150-200||None||K'ril Tsutsaroth, Tstanon Karlak, Skotizo||7|
|Hellhounds||120-185||N/A||None||Cerberus, Skeleton Hellhound, Greater Skeleton Hellhound||8|
|Iron dragons||30-60||60-100||Partial completion of Dragon Slayer||None||5|
|Kalphites||120-185||N/A||None||Kalphite worker, Kalphite soldier, Kalphite guardian, Kalphite Queen||9|
|Lizardmen||90-120||N/A||Unlocked the Reptile got ripped ability via spending 75 Slayer reward points, 5% Shayzien favour (unless killing them outside the Lizardman Canyon)||Lizardman brute, Lizardman shaman||8|
|Minions of Scabaras||30-60||130-170||Completion of Contact!||Scarabs, scarab swarms, locust riders, scarab mages||4|
|Mithril dragons||4-9||20-40||Unlocked the I hope you mith me ability via spending 80 Slayer reward points, partial completion of Barbarian Training||None||5|
|Mutated Zygomites||10-25||N/A||57 Slayer, completion of Lost City||Ancient Zygomite||2|
|Nechryael||110-170||200-250||80 Slayer||Greater Nechryael||7|
|Red dragons||30-80||N/A||Partial completion of Dragon Slayer, unlocked the Seeing red ability via spending 50 Slayer reward points||Baby red dragons, brutal red dragons||5|
|Rune dragon||3-6||30-60||Completion of Dragon Slayer II||None||2|
|Skeletal Wyverns||5-15||50-70||72 Slayer||None||5|
|Smoke devil||120-185||N/A||93 Slayer||Thermonuclear smoke devil||7|
|Spiritual creatures||120-185||180-250||63 Slayer, completion of Death Plateau, level 60 in Strength or Agility||Spiritual ranger (63 Slayer), warrior (68 Slayer), mage (83 Slayer)||6|
|Steel dragons||30-110||40-60||Partial completion of Dragon Slayer||None||5|
|Suqah||120-185||180-250||Partial completion of Lunar Diplomacy||None||8|
|Trolls||120-185||N/A||None||Mountain troll, ice troll, Troll general||6|
|TzHaar||110-180||N/A||Unlocked the Hot stuff ability via spending 100 Slayer reward points||TzTok-Jad, TzKal-Zuk||10|
|Total task weight||250|
- The odds of getting a specific task from the boss category is much smaller than getting a normal task, since there are two rolls for that task: one roll for the boss task, and one roll for the specific task within the boss category.
- 100% Shayzien favour is required to kill lizardman shamans.
- Players may be given a chance to slay TzTok-Jad, giving 25,000 bonus Slayer experience as well as any experience gained throughout the cave.
- Players may be given a chance to slay TzKal-Zuk, provided they have already killed it once before, giving 100,000 bonus Slayer experience as well as any experience gained throughout the Inferno.
Increased task numbers[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|6 January 2014
(update | poll)
|Nieve can now be contacted with the NPC Contact spell.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to an update on 17 September 2015, Nieve did not wield an Elysian spirit shield. In addition, her old examine text was shared with other Slayer masters, which was "She looks dangerous!"
- Originally, Nieve wore an onyx amulet. This was likely an oversight by the developers as it was later changed to an amulet of fury.
- Nieve's examine text implies that she purchased some or all of her equipment on the Grand Exchange.
- "Nieve" is an archaic Scottish term for a clenched fist. It also means "snow" in Spanish.
- Nieve seems to be very skilled; she wears some of the most powerful equipment available to players and guards the Stronghold Slayer Cave. Furthermore, she is able to telepathically communicate with players inside the cave, preventing them from attacking monsters outside of their slayer assignments. This suggests that she has a scrying pool or some sort to watch the entire dungeon. Most of the monsters in the cave are also not found around the local area, suggesting that she may have captured them.
- After completing all of the elite tasks in the Western Provinces Diary, the difference between Nieve and Duradel is that she assigns brine rats, turoths, and Scabarites and doesn't assign waterfiends.
- After recruiting her during Monkey Madness II, Nieve is shown to have a combat level of 126.
|(XX) Combat level requirement|