|Released||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||A form of currency on Fossil Island.|
|High alch||6 coins|
|Low alch||4 coins|
|Exchange||20 coins (info)|
Numulites are a form of currency used on Fossil Island. They are obtained from doing just about anything on Fossil Island, such as killing monsters, chopping sulliusceps, tracking herbiboars, digging with a trowel on the soils east of the Museum Camp, mining in the Volcanic Mine, and looting chests and clams in the mermaid's domain. They can also be obtained by trading fossils with the Fossil Collector. An equipped ring of wealth will automatically pick up numulite drops from killed monsters if its coin-collection feature is enabled.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Paying Mernia to look after giant seaweed patches underwater (200 per patch).
- Paying Ceto to enter the fish shoal area underwater (200 numulites for a full day, or 20,000 numulites for permanent access).
- Charging the ancient wyvern shield (500 numulites per charge, 25,000 to fully charge).
- Paying Petrified Pete to enter the Volcanic Mine (30 numulites).
- Paying Petrified Pete to recover items lost in the Volcanic Mine (150 numulites).
- Unlocking the large stone chests in the House on the Hill (100 numulites per attempt), which give a chance of receiving various notes that can be used to fill up the pages of the Fossil island note book. Be careful, as these chests can also inflict damage.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
The numulite is the item Falo requires players to show him when he sings about: They come from some time ago, from a land unto the east. Fossilised they have become, this small and gentle beast.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
|Bowl of fish||N/A||15–25||78/175|
|Soil Fossil Island||1||1||168/1,504|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|28 May 2020
|28 March 2019
The Grand Exchange buy limit has been increased from 18,000 to 30,000.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Numulites are based on nummulite, a type of lens-shaped fossil used as currency in ancient Egypt.
|Fossil Island Volcano|
|House on the Hill|