|Released||7 June 2018 (Update)|
|Examine||Dripping with blood.|
|Attack speed||Does not attack|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
Nylocas Matomenos spawn during The Maiden of Sugadinti and Verzik Vitur encounters in the Theatre of Blood. They will heal the boss for their remaining hitpoints if they reach her, so binding them in place using ice spells is necessary to prevent massive amounts of hitpoints being restored.
The chance of freezing the Nylocas Matomenos scale based on the player's Magic Attack bonus, with a 100% freeze rate when it is at +140. However, other equipment can affect the freeze rate, such as Elite Void Knight equipment and the Augury prayer. Below are some examples that will guarantee freezing a Nylocas Matomenos:
- The player's Magic Attack bonus is at +140 or above.
- The player's Magic Attack bonus is at +112 or above while having the Augury prayer active.
- The player's Magic Attack bonus is at +86 or above while wearing Elite Void Knight equipment with the Void mage helm.
- The player's Magic Attack bonus is at +55 or above while having the Augury prayer active and wearing Elite Void Knight equipment with the Void mage helm.
Despite never attacking the player directly, casting Monster Examine will reveal that it has a stab attack style and a max hit of 11.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|18 June 2020
The death animation of a Nylocas Matomenos has been reduced.
|9 January 2020
(update | poll)
The chance of successfully freezing Nylocas Matomenos now scale based on the player's effective magic attack bonus (including hidden bonuses such as the Void knight set), reaching 100% at +140 and above.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word "Nylocas" is very similar to the Hungarian word "Nyolcas", meaning "eight", referencing the eight legs of this arachnid-like creature.
- The latter part of the name of the Nylocas Matomenos likely derives from the Greek term "ματωμένος" ("matoménos"), meaning "bloody" or "bleeding", referencing its background within the lore and its ability to heal The Maiden and Verzik Vitur.