Observatory Quest/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to the Observatory professor in the Observatory Reception Room south-west of Ardougne, north of Castle Wars.|
|Description||The Observatory in south-west Ardougne has been ransacked by a family of nearby goblins. Can you help the professor to rebuild it?|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Fixing the Observatory[edit | edit source]
- Speak with the Observatory professor.
- Give the Observatory professor the three planks, bronze bar and molten glass (speak to him 3 separate times each time).
- Speak to the assistant.
- Go up the east hill and down the stairs.
- Once downstairs, search all the chests until you find the goblin kitchen key (most commonly found in south-eastern part when you go down the stairs, don't skip the dialogue once you find the key or you will not pick it up. If not found in the two nearest chests, it is guaranteed to be in the last chest in the dungeon. The other chests will contain poisonous spiders.).
- Head north from the entrance in the dungeon, then go west to the kitchen gate and prod the sleeping guard, then kill or trap him.
- Open the gate and inspect the goblin stove.
- Go back and speak to the professor with the lens mould in your inventory.
- Use the molten glass on the lens mould.
- Speak to the professor to give him the lens mould and the observatory lens.
- Head back into the goblin dungeon.
- Run past the kitchen and climb up the stairs in the south end of the dungeon.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- After the cutscene, talk to the professor upstairs and view the telescope.
- Talk to the professor and identify the constellation you saw (see table below). Note: You do not get the reward until you talk to the professor after you have looked into the telescope.
|Name & Reward||Picture||Name & Reward||Picture|
25 Water runes, uncut sapphire
875 Attack experience, uncut sapphire
Amulet of defence, uncut sapphire
875 Strength experience, uncut sapphire
Black 2h sword, uncut sapphire
875 Hitpoints experience, uncut sapphire
3 Law runes, uncut sapphire
3 Tuna, uncut sapphire
Maple longbow, uncut sapphire
Weapon poison, uncut sapphire
Super strength(1), uncut sapphire
875 Defence experience, uncut sapphire
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 2,250 Crafting experience
- Your item reward depends on what astrological sign you see when you look through the telescope. It is different for each person. Each one rewards an uncut sapphire as well as the following:
- Aquarius: 25 water runes
- Aries: 875 Attack experience
- Cancer: An amulet of defence
- Capricorn: 875 Strength experience
- Gemini: A black 2h sword
- Leo: 875 Hitpoints experience
- Libra: 3 law runes
- Pisces: 3 tuna
- Sagittarius: A maple longbow
- Scorpio: Weapon poison
- Taurus: A 1-dose super strength potion
- Virgo: 875 Defence experience
- The Spirit of Scorpius will now give you a mould to make unholy symbols, and he will bless them for you too. He can be found in the graveyard north of the Observatory.
- Talk to the Observatory assistant after the quest and he will reward you with a jug of wine as well as tell you his and the professor's real name.
- Access to the grappling shortcut rock outside the Observatory.
- Completing this quest awards the player with 5 Kudos which can be claimed by talking to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum.