Observatory Quest/Quick guide
|Observatory Quest (#43)|
|Release date||17 March 2003 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to the Observatory professor in the Observatory Reception Room south-west of Ardougne, north of Castle Wars.|
|Description||The Observatory in south-west Ardougne has been ransacked by a family of nearby goblins. Can you help the professor to rebuild it?|
|Enemies to defeat||Goblin guard (level 42) (optional - can simply be trapped behind a column)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Speak with the Observatory professor.
Fixing the Observatory
- Give the Observatory professor the three planks, bronze bar and molten glass (speak to him 3 separate times).
- Talk to the assistant.
- Go down the stairs on the hill to the east.
- Once downstairs, search all the chests until you find the goblin kitchen key (most commonly found in south eastern part when you go down the stairs, don't skip the dialogue once you find the key or you will not pick it up.).
- Head up the only north path from the entrance, then go west to the kitchen gate and prod the sleeping guard, then kill him.
- Open the gate and inspect the goblin stove.
- Go back and speak to the professor with the lens mould in your inventory.
- Use the molten glass on the lens mould and give them back to the professor.
- Head back into the goblin dungeon.
- Take the stairs in the south end of the dungeon. You will have to take the path past the kitchen gate to get there.
- After the cutscene, talk to the professor upstairs and view the telescope.
- Talk to the professor and identify the constellation you saw (see table below).
|Name & Reward||Picture||Name & Reward||Picture|
25 Water runes, uncut sapphire
875 Attack experience, uncut sapphire
Amulet of defence, uncut sapphire
875 Strength experience, uncut sapphire
Black 2h sword, uncut sapphire
875 Hitpoints experience, uncut sapphire
3 Law runes, uncut sapphire
3 Tuna, uncut sapphire
Maple longbow, uncut sapphire
Weapon poison, uncut sapphire
Super strength(1), uncut sapphire
875 Defence experience, uncut sapphire
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest Quest points
- 2,250 Crafting Crafting experience
- Your item reward depends on what astrological sign you see when you look through the telescope. It is also different for each person. You will get one of these:
- The Spirit of Scorpius will now give you a mould to make unholy symbols, and he will bless them for you too. He can be found in the graveyard north of the Observatory.
- Talk to the Observatory assistant after the quest and he will reward you with a jug of wine as well as tell you his and the professor's real name.
- Access to the grappling shortcut rock outside the Observatory.