Olaf's Quest/Quick guide
|Olaf's Quest (#123)|
|Release date||10 April 2007 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The mouth of the Fremennik hunting area. Talk to Olaf Hradson.|
|Description||Poor Olaf Hradson. He has to live up to such expectations. His ancestors sailed all over the world, and now he has to go out and prove himself their equal. If only he could read a map... If only he could sail... If only he hadn't crashed! Can you help a depressed and soggy Fremennik regain his pride, and possibly the lost treasure of his grandfather?|
|Official length||Short – Long|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Items required: any axe, tinderbox
Helping Olaf[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Rellekka and talk to Ingrid Hradson who is by the well (water drop on map) (Enchanted Lyre takes you right to her)
- Talk to Volf Olafson who is to the north near the helmet shop.
- Return to, and talk to Olaf (Necklace of Passage into Fairy Ring)
- Use the Damp planks on the fire pit (embers) next to Olaf.
- Talk to Olaf again.
Treasure trail[edit | edit source]
Items required: spade, weapon, armour, food
Recommended: agility potions, stamina potions, super energy potions
- Return to the tree and dig next to it.
- Go all the way east in the tunnel and then north.
- Kill a Skeleton fremennik and pick up the key it drops.
- Search the picture wall to the far west.
- Right, up, left, bottom, and then the very bottom.
- Search the wall again to walk through.
- Pick up two rotten barrels and six ropes in the next room.
- If you brought agility boosts, use them before crossing the bridge.
- Walk (do not run) across the bridge to the north-east and use the barrels on the missing portions. (If you fall, you will need to go through the cave again.)
- Open the gate.
- Pick the shape that matches the loop part of the shown key. If you fall after opening the gate, you will need to retrieve a new key.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest Quest point
- 12,000 Defence Defence experience
- 20,000 coins
- 4 cut rubies
- Access to a cave where you can fight brine rats.
- A piece of parchment telling you of other shipwrecks with more treasure.