One Small Favour/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Go to Shilo Village and talk to Yanni Salika.|
|Description||If you're new to Shilo Village after solving the mystery (or even if you did it some time ago), you may like to check out Yanni Salika's antiques shop.
He's a busy chap, revamping antique items, checking out new stock from potential adventurers and maybe he'll have a small(1) favour to ask of you? Probably nothing particularly large, Yanni isn't a demanding(2) person, should hardly take you any time(3) at all really, something to do when you have a spare moment.
That's assuming there aren't any complications.
1: - Perception of the word "small" may be open to interpretation.
2: - In a recent vote, Yanni Salika was only voted the second most demanding person in Shilo Village.3: - As everyone knows, time is relative.
|Official length||Very long|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note: Many NPCs are involved in other quests and activities. Some chat options provided below may be inaccurate depending on your state in those quests and activities.
You do not need to carry all the items listed above, at one time. The guide below will have notes on when to gather items before continuing.
Agreeing to the favours[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Yanni Salika in Shilo Village (north of the bridge at the quest icon).
- If mining your own gems, do this now at the Shilo Village Mine.
- Talk to a Jungle forester south of Shilo at the tree line (make sure to have 1 free inventory space to receive blunt axe).
- Travel tip: Use the minigames teleport to Pest Control, then leave by talking to the Squire to the north and you'll be at Port Sarim.
- Talk to Brian in the Port Sarim axe shop.
- Talk to Aggie in Draynor Village.
- Talk to Johanhus Ulsbrecht near the prison inside of the H.A.M. Hideout.
- Talk to Fred the Farmer NE of the H.A.M. Hideout at the Sheep Shearer quest start point. (4 if you haven't done Sheep Shearer)
- Prepare a bowl of hot water and take a pot in the Lumbridge Castle kitchen if needed.
- Talk to Seth Groats in the chicken farm east of River Lum. Gather 3 steel bars.
- Talk to Horvik at the armour shop in Varrock. Give him 3 steel bars.
- Talk to the Apothecary in Varrock south of the western bank.
- Travel tip: amulet of glory to Edgeville, run south or use a skull sceptre.
- Talk to Tassie Slipcast in the Barbarian Village at the pottery icon on the minimap.
- Travel tip: teleport to the Mining Guild using a skills necklace.
- Talk to Hammerspike Stoutbeard in the most western portion of the Dwarven Mines (SW of the Ice Mountain entrance).
- Gather one harralander, two guam leaves, and one marrentill.
- Travel tip: If you have 10 Construction you can use Taverley teleport
- Pick up the cup of tea from the house north of Sanfew, then drink the tea to obtain an empty cup, if you haven't got one already.
- Talk to Sanfew on the top floor of the Taverley herblore shop about initiates. (2-2-3-1 if not completed Eadgar’s Ruse)
- Add your bowl of hot water to a teacup. Add a harralander, 2 guam leaves, and a marrentill. The empty bowl can be dropped afterwards.
- Travel tip: Ring of dueling to Al-Kharid, then use the gnome glider to White Wolf Mountain.
- Talk to Captain Bleemadge on top of White Wolf Mountain at the gnome glider icon on the minimap.
- Talk to Arhein on the Catherby docks south of the bank.
- Talk to Phantuwti Fanstuwi Farsight in the building north of the Seers' chapel.
- Travel tip: teleport to the Fishing Guild using a skills necklace.
- Enter the Goblin Cave south-east of the Fishing Guild. Go to the most NE room. Right-click and search the sculpture.
- Travel tip: Ardougne Teleport
- Talk to Wizard Cromperty in NE Ardougne at the transportation icon. ( if you have completed the Ardougne Medium Diary)
- You can take the hammer and chisel south of Cromperty if you didn't bring your own.
- Travel tip: Fishing Trawler Minigame Teleport
- Talk to Tindel Marchant on the Port Khazard south dock.
- Travel tip: fairy ring teleport (AKS) or ring of dueling to Castle Wars and walk SE
- Bring your cut gems, two of each: opal, jade, sapphire, and red topaz (can be mined with 40 Mining at Shilo Village) if you have them, otherwise, bring some gold in case you crush a gem in the upcoming step.
- Talk to Rantz in the eastern Feldip Hills at the quest icon on the minimap.
- Talk to Gnormadium Avlafrim west of Rantz. (at the gnome glider icon on the minimap)
- Search each landing light, cut the gem, and put the cut gem back. If you crush a gem, the gnome will sell you up to 2 new ones for 500 coins.
Completing the favours[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Gnormadium Avlafrim.
- Talk to Rantz.
- Travel Tip: Watchtower teleport run north-east. Monastery Teleport via Ardougne cloak or use Port Khazard Teleport from Lunar Spellbook, or use the minigame teleport to Fishing Trawler or fairy ring DJP and run south
- Talk to Tindel Marchant.
- Talk to Wizard Cromperty in Ardougne. ( if you have completed the Ardougne Medium Diary)
- Take 5 pigeon cages (south of the north Ardougne bank) if needed, and get ready to fight Slagilith.
- Return to the fishing guild cave, stand in front of the sculpture and read the animate rock scroll.
- Kill the level 92 Slagilith (weak to Pickaxes and Crush attacks, can be safespotted with magic).
- Read the scroll again to free Petra. Make sure you finish the dialogue with her, or else you won't be able to make progress.
- Talk to Phantuwti Fanstuwi Farsight in Seers' Village.
- Climb to the roof of his house search the weather vane, use a hammer on it and search it again for 3 parts.
- Use each part on an anvil while holding a bronze, iron, and steel bar. There is an anvil north of his house.
- Put each part back on the vane.
- Talk to Phantuwti Fanstuwi Farsight.
- Talk to Arhein in Catherby.
- Talk to Captain Bleemadge on White Wolf Mountain.
- Talk to Sanfew in Taverley. Eadgar's Ruse) ( if you haven't completed
- Travel Tip: Use a Skills Necklace to teleport to the Mining Guild or use the Combat Bracelet to teleport to the Edgeville Monastery
- Gather combat gear and a weapon for killing Hammerspike's gangsters (Combat levels 44, 48, and 49)
- Go and talk to Hammerspike Stoutbeard in the Dwarven Mine.
- Kill his gang members, then talk to him again.
- Talk to Tassie Slipcast in Barbarian Village. She will give you clay. Spin it into a pot lid, then fire the pot lid in the pottery oven.
- Use the pot lid on an empty pot. This is found in the house to the north.
- Talk to the Apothecary with the pot lid and a pot. A Tail of Two Cats) ( if you have completed
- Bring 5 pigeon cages for the next step.
- Talk to Horvik in the Varrock Armour shop.
- Talk to Horvik again.
- Talk to Seth Groats at the Lumbridge chicken farm.
- Talk to Johanhus in the H.A.M. camp.
- Talk to Aggie in Draynor.
- Talk to Brian in Port Sarim.
- Talk to a Jungle forester south of Shilo Village.
- Talk to Yanni in Shilo Village, wait for the dialogue to finish.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- Two experience lamps giving 10,000 experience to any skill of your choice. Skill must be at least level 30.
- A steel key ring
- The ability to make Guthix rest tea
- The ability to craft pot lids
- Access to the gnome glider route to the Feldip Hills
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of One Small Favour is required for the following: